Poll
Question: will fitton complete?  (Voting closed: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 19:06:40)
yes - 61 (62.9%)
no - 36 (37.1%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: will fitton complete?  (Read 5482 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 15:52:45 »

I suspect the reason why the deal will fail is because SSW mortgaged his land for dosh from St Modwen.    Somebody has to settle that situation and clearly Fitton doesn't want to.  Presumably,  if Wills sells up he has to lose his land to St Modwen.....however if the club folds then St M will probably just have to write it off.

Originally St Modwen got involved, as teh main man was a friend of SSW...he died, and so its now likely they take a less benevolent line.

I think the Trust, if its not already happening should convene a meeting of all interested parties.....to try and give some clear answer to fans about what options are available in the likely event of a WUP in the new year.
sonic youth

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 15:54:46 »

Quote from: "OneAndrewFitton"
Fitton is a swindon fan

is he? news to me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 16:08:39 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "OneAndrewFitton"
Fitton is a swindon fan

is he? news to me.

I dont think he would call himself a fan but he has brought his children to watch a few (in his words) games at Swindon a few years ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 16:14:13 »

Fitton, who says he is a football fan and not one of a particular club, has also thrown his support behind Robins boss Paul Sturrock, who takes his team to Port Vale on Saturday.

From his first interview.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 17:15:15 »

Quote from: "figgis"
i thought mick the geek said he would take the club down if certain things happen about a year ago. thats been confirmed in many posts nothing to do with speculation thats from himself saying it.many posters have confirmed this.

Correct. In his "I am a financial guru", "I am the general Manager" interview on BBC Radio Wiltshire/ Swindon. In his bit where he was slagging off the Trust etc,  He said he would not be going anywhere. He said if  neccesary he would take the club down with him.

From the Dark Side
Sussex

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 17:39:41 »

Quote from: "figgis"
i thought mick the geek said he would take the club down if certain things happen about a year ago. thats been confirmed in many posts nothing to do with speculation thats from himself saying it.many posters have confirmed this.

If that's in reply to my post, apologies, I didn't mean MD (we all know what's been said about that). Was probably a bit too subtle in my reply.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: