Poll
Question: Will You Protest On Saturday If There's No Takeover?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 16:15:40)
Yes - 78 (78%)
No - 22 (22%)
Total Voters: 64

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will You?  (Read 7456 times)
Red Len

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 22:41:52 »

FWIW, i'll jump on a train this Saturday and support you guys in whichever form a protest shapes itself. I have only made one home game this season - Tranmere - partly for the purpose of supporting the protest that day. Events conspired to dampen 'militant' enthusiasm on that occasion, but I genuinely feel, if the word can be spread sufficiently, there will be support for fan action.

I admit to feeling some apathy this season (I usually manage 15-20 games as season) but with all the goings on in SN1 of late, I just haven't been able to muster the strength or stomach required to take a seat in my beloved CG. I am disgusted with how OUR club has seemingly been run into the ground and for that reason alone I have stayed away. Its possible that other fans feel the same way...there really is only so much anyone can take after all...but I admire the strength of feeling and conviction I often find on this forum, so, before it really is too late, I for one will be there to voice my frustration and urge others to do the same.

I have on many occasions witnessed our tremendous away support so I know the passion exists. Lets display that passion again on Saturday...it might just be our last opportunity to show those muppets upstairs that we will not lie down quietly!!

Apologies for droning on, but I feel better for that!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 22:48:29 »

I refuse to go to games....and like cheltenham, i'll be there afterwards if something is planned.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 22:52:34 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "The_Plagiarist"
Quote from: "glos_robin"
Absolutely, anyone that sits back and does nothing this time will have to accept some of the blame for the demise of STFC

Fuck off you smug cunt. I won't be protesting on saturday and I'll be sleeping soundly at night you self righteous little twat

Thats out of order

if those are your sentiments then fair enough

your demeanour however is insulting

thats not insulting, what is insulting is some jumped up little prat attempting to blame the demise of STFC on what probably amounts to 98% of our fans.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 22:56:31 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Absolutely, anyone that sits back and does nothing this time will have to accept some of the blame for the demise of STFC

Fuck off you smug cunt. I won't be protesting on saturday and I'll be sleeping soundly at night you self righteous little twat

Thats out of order

if those are your sentiments then fair enough

your demeanour however is insulting

thats not insulting, what is insulting is some jumped up little prat attempting to blame the demise of STFC on what probably amounts to 98% of our fans.

he has a point. fighting amongst ourselves achieves nothing.

The current regime shoulder far more  blame (like virtually all of it) than any apathetic fans ever should.
TalkTalk

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:05:51 »

I quite fancy a fight this evening.

Particularly that playground game where you fold your arms, bounce up and down and jump at each other.

I'll be in the CGH car park at midnight if there are any takers.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:17:51 »

I would if I could, but I can't.

I'll lend my moral support by the net, thats the best i can do.

I'm just distraught from what I've read the last two days.
sonic youth

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:38:32 »

i'll chip in for a flight back to the UK for you, coxy.

one-way obviously Cool
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 07:22:11 »

cheers mate, it'll be costly! Any chance of funding two as my missus quite fancies going to the pub.....

And by the way of an extra thought, if a few thousand Liverpool fans can get off their collective arses to support Benetiz tonight, then surely a few hundred Swindon fans can be similarly mobilised to support what is a far more important cause. We've got three days, lets make every one of them count.
lebowski

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 07:35:16 »

this is a good start, the ball is rolling.

make no mistake, saturday is our very last chance to make ourselves heard before the authorities start to enforce themselves upon our club.

let's do this.
neville w

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 07:56:31 »

As could also be said of anyone who has starved the club of revenue by refusing to attend matches, in my opinion. Have you been to every home game this season Glos ?, or bought a season ticket ? If you have, then you can cast the first stone

I guess there won't be many who are blameless, in that case.

I wondered how long it would be until there was an "I'm a better fan than you" dick waving contest.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 08:43:07 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
cheers mate, it'll be costly! Any chance of funding two as my missus quite fancies going to the pub.....

And by the way of an extra thought, if a few thousand Liverpool fans can get off their collective arses to support Benetiz tonight, then surely a few hundred Swindon fans can be similarly mobilised to support what is a far more important cause. We've got three days, lets make every one of them count.

I thought the same, with Liverpools fan base they can only muster 4,000 for a protest so an actual figure of under 10% of the home gate...similar to us getting 500 to a protest.

We can surely muster up that sort of amount.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
glos_robin

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 08:44:58 »

Quote from: "neville w"

As could also be said of anyone who has starved the club of revenue by refusing to attend matches, in my opinion. Have you been to every home game this season Glos ?, or bought a season ticket ? If you have, then you can cast the first stone

I wondered how long it would be until there was an "I'm a better fan than you" dick waving contest.

Unfortunately yes I have been to every home game this season and have a season ticket so could be heavily out of pocket if we do fold..........However thats not the point, this is potentially our last chance and as Pauld said in another thread the one way of guarenteeing any protest being a failure is to do nothing.
neville w

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 08:51:25 »

Quote from: "neville w"

Unfortunately yes I have been to every home game this season

and have a season ticket so could be heavily out of pocket if we do fold..........However thats not the point, this is potentially our last chance and as Pauld said in another thread the one way of guarenteeing any protest being a failure is to do nothing.

Me too on the season ticket, and fair enough.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 13:20:15 »

So your dicks are the same size?
neville w

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 14:34:47 »

On a need to know basis, I really don't need or want to know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: