Poll
Question: Will you be protesting at 4.45 on Saturday?  (Voting closed: Sunday, February 25, 2007, 16:41:50)
I'll be there - 30 (58.8%)
I'll hold on for a week or two - 21 (41.2%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will you be protesting at 4.45 on Saturday?  (Read 4628 times)
justboiledover

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 01:51:52 »

i think that vocal protests need not effect the teams performance if done in the correct way:

INCORECT WAY - quiet groud, 20 odd blokes singing sack the board sounding very loud due to lack of any other noise/excitement.

CORRECT WAY - focus on the positives as opposed to the negatives (one bill power as opposed to sack the board for example: I'm sure people mor imaginative than me can think of other chants/songs)  
-for every 1 pro consortium song there should be 3 traditional town songs in support of the team delivered equally loud and proud in a noisy and vibrant ground

completely unrelated point - i want the home of my team to be referred to as a ground not stadium, it is a place of sporting edeavor and will never be a fucking theatre of wet dreams
Spud

« Reply #31 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 06:24:55 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I refuse to protest during games, it affects the team and in this point in time they need our backing and more importantly we need the results.

End of the day, I don't see how any protest by anyone is going to affect what the board are going to do. Just seems pretty pointless to me.

I don't see how us singing "there's only one Bill Power" would affect the team?

I agree with you if you're referring to chants such as "Sack the Board!"
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 09:14:31 »

Mr Spud I do agree, I made this point at the trust meeting Monday night songs of 'one Bill Power' dont effect the players last week when they were sang in the first half it was probably during our best home 45 minutes of the season.

At the end of the day think it should be Bill Power chants in the ground and if people choose to protest after then the 'sack the board' chants should be used then.

I have no doubt tho that now is the right time to up the pressure on the board, we have let them take the piss for too long.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 09:46:00 »

On the pitch on the pitch on the pitch!
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #34 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 10:23:01 »

I'll be there behind the Arkells after the match.
During the match I'll be singing "one Bill Power" in the Town End.
I'm sure the players will hear it and let in three goals instantly
Lumps

« Reply #35 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 11:18:20 »

I've been to plenty of games over the years when "sack the board" chants have been ringing around the stands,

When Kerslake was sold
When Shearer was sold
When Fjortoft was sold

and on occassions too numerous to mention in the years since. I'm not sure it's ever had that much effect on the team.

I'm sure the 1,500 odd fans at Barnet outsang the opposition for 90 minutes and that did a fat lot of good didn't it?

If you see players interviewed they ususally say that it's almost impossible to really hear what the crowd are chanting during a game.

I think it's other fans that are more the worry. If on here, where everyones
pretty much in agreement about the clubs perilous state, we can't agree that vocal protests are a good idea, then the twonks that think SSW's got it all in hand and there's nothing to worry about are unlikely to react well.

I don't know what to think about that though? At this stage I'm tempted to think fuck'em, if by now they haven't grasped the importance of the situation then the chances are they aren't going to, and they can't be won over.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 15:26:48 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "simon pieman"
I'll be there. Although I'm not sure if I'm going to go to the game or just sit in the pub.

I'm 80% sure that's what I'm going to do. I'll fish out my star wars top trumps cards.

Top trumps Soapy Tit Wank Surely a nice game of dominoes would be more in keeping with the,ahem atmospheric CGH Wink
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/Larwood_Head/dominoes.jpg

As for any protest,what Sonic said Smiley there is no way the game will finish before 4.50 [ Beers to me Wink ]and i've got to get out of the ground first,then make my way to the Arkells!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 15:29:23 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "simon pieman"
I'll be there. Although I'm not sure if I'm going to go to the game or just sit in the pub.

I'm 80% sure that's what I'm going to do. I'll fish out my star wars top trumps cards.

Top trumps Soapy Tit Wank Surely a nice game of dominoes would be more in keeping with the,ahem atmospheric CGH Wink
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/Larwood_Head/dominoes.jpg

As for any protest,what Sonic said Smiley there is no way the game will finish before 5.50 and i've got to get out of the ground first,then make my way to the Arkells!

:roll:

It's All Good..............
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 15:39:09 »

Oops  Doh

And fate has just
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 16:33:34 »

I'm still undecided.

I think chants to sack the manager "eg. King out" would possibly affect players. But some probably agreed with it any way
Sack the board, I'm not sure. Some players might be thinking, good on you lads, we might get paid on time with a new board.
As for there's only one bill power, it didn't affect the team when he was new to the club, pre plane crash, so why would it now.
IT will affect the board.

I've just talked myself in to joining you

From the Dark Side
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 16:34:09 »

I'm still undecided.

I think chants to sack the manager "eg. King out" would possibly affect players. But some probably agreed with it any way
Sack the board, I'm not sure. Some players might be thinking, good on you lads, we might get paid on time with a new board.
As for there's only one bill power, it didn't affect the team when he was new to the club, pre plane crash, so why would it now.
IT will affect the board.

I've just talked myself in to joining you

From the Dark Side
sonic youth

« Reply #41 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 18:33:55 »

I didn't know you were blonde larwood
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 18:47:14 »

I tried to tell her...............

It's All Good..............
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, February 24, 2007, 09:12:44 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
I didn't know you were blonde larwood

Soapy Tit Wank

I haven't even got that excuse,i am a bit dense though,especially on Friday afternoons Oops

And fate has just
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: