Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Williams takes charge  (Read 12114 times)
santini

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 18:02:32 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "santini"
Arrogant amateur was a phrase used. Who could that be?

Andy Nicholas?
Didn't know he was on the board.

Quote from: "santini actually"
No body who knows what's been going on behind the scenes wants to work with a certain member of this board. Arrogant amateur was a phrase used. Who could that be?

I'd have thought you would be able to spot a joke.

I giggled to myself when I posted it
:shock:
Sonic in shock sense of humour admission Wink
flammableBen

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 18:13:54 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
The most important question is will Adi employ the clipboard introduced by Dennis, or go back to the fag pack back a la AK??

I feel that at this level a clipboard is over complicating things. If you can't sort it out on the back of a fag packet then you aren't cut out to be a Swindon manager.
Andy King

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 18:24:06 »

I used to stick all them packets on the wall and that served as my tactics board. Whenever it looked impossible to get something out of a game I'd look at my board and it would always give me an answer. My favourite was the 4-5-1 against Walsall where I put Cureton and Roberts on the wings. In retrospect maybe it was too attacking, but I had to risk it with 5 minutes left.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 18:27:45 »

Quote from: "Andy King"
I used to stick all them packets on the wall and that served as my tactics board. Whenever it looked impossible to get something out of a game I'd look at my board and it would always give me an answer. My favourite was the 4-5-1 against Walsall where I put Cureton and Roberts on the wings. In retrospect maybe it was too attacking, but I had to risk it with 5 minutes left.

What did Sandy say Andy ?

"Oooooooooops I forgot about that one !"
flammableBen

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 18:31:56 »

Truely the professional approach. Makes me sick all the modern day computerised how many metres steven gerrard has run bollocks.  I call for the return of managers relying on their own judgement. I respect you Mr King and I hope for a swift return to fag packet management at Swindon Town FC.
Andy King

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 18:32:28 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

I don't know what Sandy said if I'm being truthful. Maybe something about a VAT payment, but it could have been about my enquiry into making a wall of velcro to hang up Sammy Igoe when he was naughty. Sadly she was too late doing that as well.
Dazzza

« Reply #111 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 19:44:47 »

Williams interview from the Beeb....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2006/10/26/ady_williams_interview_feature.shtml

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 20:08:47 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

I don't know what Sandy said if I'm being truthful. Maybe something about a VAT payment, but it could have been about my enquiry into making a wall of velcro to hang up Sammy Igoe when he was naughty. Sadly she was too late doing that as well.

I thought you always sent him to the naughty step
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 22:03:30 »

I can't see why people are moaning about Williams. We had to have somebody to take charge of the team with immediate effect and there was nobody else available!!

It's to hope Stewart is on the bench if we want to ensure avoidance of having our centre-back-caretaker-manager-captain playing in goal
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 22:36:06 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I can't see why people are moaning about Williams. We had to have somebody to take charge of the team with immediate effect and there was nobody else available!!

I think people assume he will be given the job full time as a formality. We'll see.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 08:35:54 »

Said on BBC RS that Williams is looking to bring in a 'keeper (obviously) and a central defender.

I guess the managers job makes it harder for him to play, but I hope this is just for cover and not because he isn't intending to play much himself (but Nicho can do 'cover). I'd say he has been instramental in making the back 4 a tighter unit this season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 08:39:27 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Said on BBC RS that Williams is looking to bring in a 'keeper (obviously) and a central defender.

I guess the managers job makes it harder for him to play, but I hope this is just for cover and not because he isn't intending to play much himself (but Nicho can do 'cover). I'd say he has been instramental in making the back 4 a tighter unit this season.
I agree. It would be a waste to have him sat on the sidelines
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: