Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Champ manager/footy manager  (Read 5805 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 28, 2004, 23:39:52 »

games people? what games have people going then?

i am Calne still. 2nd Division, about to win promotion, and i am also manager of Portugal.  Cool  im Calne/Portugal manager, don't think it would happen in real life!
I have Shaun Wright-Phillips, Djimi Traore and Marc Vivian Foe (i know, abit insensitive but hes good!)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2004, 23:47:45 »

Did you edit Calne to get them there? Can you play in their league?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2004, 23:50:04 »

/LMA

I'm in my 13th season and have just lifted the European Cup, Fa Cup and premier leauge in one season  Cool . The county ground is now a 55,800 fortress with gates of 45,000 except when Manchester United are in town, even though there relgation battlers nowadays. For some reason now i'm great i'm bored  Sad
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2004, 23:53:58 »

got oxford from div3 to prem in 4 seasons (2 seasons in div3), then left at the start of our first season in the prem for chelski. have just won the league in my first season, scoring over 100 goals and getting about 96 points. in the uefa cup final and the fa semi is my next match, 1st div spurs so that one's a dead cert victory for me.

oxford are about 11th in the prem in their 1st season.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2004, 00:31:46 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"
Did you edit Calne to get them there? Can you play in their league?

yeh, changed a teams name who aren't really in the game, and put calne in the conference starting from scratch. they got there real ground name though of course 'bremhill view'  Cool
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2004, 10:09:15 »

Playing FM as Wycombe post patch. It's quite hard work, but I'm in my 2nd season and I'm pretty sure next year I'll go up. Starting a new game after the patch is apparently much harder because so many people complained that the original was far too easy.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2004, 10:11:37 »

I found it pretty tough actually, much harder than the earlier versions. Although it was a piece of piss with some tactics I downloaded, but I wanted to play a standard 4-4-2.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2004, 10:30:04 »

much harder than the demo. i was top at xmas by 5 points in the demo. but i spose they make it easier so tyou enjoy it more and buy it.

anyway, first season looked like i was going well but lost parkin and rhys.
the infamous first summer or free transfers i got some beautys but sort of over signed  Oops

clayton ince
jeff whitley
frank sinclair
steffen freund
wade elliot
dani rodrigues
george ndah
mark burchill.

and a few more i cant remember. a few too many strikers and im selling quite a few at the moment. leaking goals for fun because i didnt have anyone who could header outside the 2 centre halfs. signed carl cort for 100k to counter that , and his partnership with dani rodrigues is blossoming. second season about 7th, just beaten oxford 3-0 away at the kasstad. i set my keeper to roll it out and pass it short but he still boots it in the air and the opponents win it and build an attack   Sad

officially blacker than the night.
DMR

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2004, 11:33:18 »

Haven't played FM for ages...

I got promoted via PO's in first season, and I'm sat mid table half way through the next in the Championship, sold Fallon for a cool 3mill
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 19:43:42 »

Things are going well for me as Swindon Boss in my first game, I'm top after 13 games.

Playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 depending on opponents and personel and its all good

Just won the manager of the month award for October, howard got player of the month and dukey managed 2nd in goal of the month. Grys is best player in the division and parkin is the top goalscorer

SOLD - Sean OH - £70k to Osasuna (Huh?)
M Hewlett - Lincoln £30k
G Smith - Yeovil £28k

BOUGHT - DMC Keith Andrews (wolves) £20k
Lee Briscoe - DL (free)
David Perpetuini -DMLC (free)
Regi Blinker AMLC (free)
Stuart Green AMRC (Hull)£40k

LOANS - George Ndah (wolves 3 months)
Lewis buxton DC (pompy all season)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 20:18:56 »

I started again with the patch installed .Sold Evans and Parkin and bought in loads of players,reached playoff but lost in the final.

/
W56196272
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 20:49:46 »

just won the league in my 2nd season. roberts and carl cort an amazing partnership with howard also hot property. just bought in JD job and a few other beauties. got lee wilkie also, he's class.

gk: clayton ince/ brad jones

dl: perpetuini/duke
dr: jeff whitley/ john thompson
dc: sean o/heywood/ frank sinclair/ lee wilkie

mr: lindegaard/wade elliot/ joaquin
ml: howard/ eddie lewis
mc: hewlett/freund/miglioranzi/igoe

st: roberts/cort/dani rodrigues/fallon/job

thats pretty much my first team squad.... :roll:  got a few other batties hanging around. i had about 10 strikers at one point, nathan lowndes, ndah and burchill to name a few   Cheesy

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 22:57:10 »

JOAQUIN?Huh?Huh??
strooood

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 23:06:37 »

not the betis one. some one from navaldo or something. he's proper bo though

Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 23:33:09 »

Played 3 and a bit seasons. Won the play offs as Wycombe in my third year and then took over at Crewe (also in League 1) as they had £7m to spend. I've spent about a mill which isn't a lot when you consider there weren't any DRs, DLs, AMRs and AMLs, and in mid table in Sept or Oct.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: