Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36226 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 19:58:26 »

I reckon yes, and they've offered free tickets for home games, but everyone declined..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 20:21:43 »

Tactics Tim gave a great post match interview
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 20:24:58 »

He did, he played a blinder, said it how it is, pulled no punches, not a single word of a lie came out of his mouth to the media.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 20:28:05 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
not a single word came out of his mouth to the media.

fixed it for you.

botched appointment if you ask me, obviously forgiven if he pulls a rabbit,  a striker, a couple of defenders and a midfield general out the hat in January.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 20:30:00 »

botched appointment if you ask me, obviously forgiven if he pulls a rabbit,  a striker, a couple of defenders and a midfield general out the hat in January.
You don't want much Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 20:49:34 »

not a single word came out of his mouth to the media.

fixed it for you.

botched appointment if you ask me, obviously forgiven if he pulls a rabbit,  a striker, a couple of defenders and a midfield general out the hat in January.

And we stay up
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 20:59:01 »

I think we'd give any new manager the benefit of the doubt until they esembled their own squad.

...but this sort of is Tim's squad (including Luke Williams)... I think... I dunno.

This is silly.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 21:01:07 »

Spot on PV, just a bit of effort will make a huge difference (look at Charlie Henry)

The thing that worries me about this group is what does relegation actually mean to them.
Those on loan just go back to their parent clubs.
Those that are decent will get a move somewhere else

They need a coach/manager to instill some pride if they don't have it themselves, I fear we have neither

Relegation means nothing to anyone other than the fans.

I could suggest the perfect manager for installing some pride but we didn't like him either...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 21:56:55 »

Relegation means nothing to anyone other than the fans.

I could suggest the perfect manager for installing some pride but we didn't like him either...

Surely as young players- higher division, higher wages, ambitions for success, threat of being released and not finding another club means that relegation would matter to them. Maybe as a collection they just aren't good enough! Some young players would blossom in a decent team, these are all much the same and the lack of experience and leadership in the team is simply too much to make them work as a team
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 23:41:03 »

Surely as young players- higher division, higher wages, ambitions for success, threat of being released and not finding another club means that relegation would matter to them. Maybe as a collection they just aren't good enough! Some young players would blossom in a decent team, these are all much the same and the lack of experience and leadership in the team is simply too much to make them work as a team

I'm no expert but I cant imagine the wages fluctuate that much in the bottom two divisions. I bet there are L2 clubs paying players more than we do.
Plus, how relegation effects their wages depends on their contract. If it's expiring they can probabLy go else where for the same money (if not more) and a signing on fee. If their contract isn't expiring then they'd be on the same wages as the previous season.
If they're contract is expirng and we are releasing them - then staying up wouldn't have changed that decision.

Shit manager, shit players, inexperienced players, no leaders, no mental strength are all the ingredients for relegation. I'm amazed there are still teams below us.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 00:02:28 »

I'm no expert but I cant imagine the wages fluctuate that much in the bottom two divisions. I bet there are L2 clubs paying players more than we do.
Plus, how relegation effects their wages depends on their contract. If it's expiring they can probabLy go else where for the same money (if not more) and a signing on fee. If their contract isn't expiring then they'd be on the same wages as the previous season.
If they're contract is expirng and we are releasing them - then staying up wouldn't have changed that decision.

Shit manager, shit players, inexperienced players, no leaders, no mental strength are all the ingredients for relegation. I'm amazed there are still teams below us.

Who is the manager?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 07:43:40 »

Quote from: Costanza
I think we'd give any new manager the benefit of the doubt until they esembled their own squad.

...but this sort of is Tim's squad (including Luke Williams)... I think... I dunno.

This is silly.

I'm not judging him on results/squad, that's stupid. like you say - not his squad. Even after January hell need time to change things long term.

What I am judging him on is his lack of public  involvement. Behind the scenes he may well do everything. In the public eye though he may as well not be here.

To me this was a chance to start again and unite and engage a rapidly disinterested fanbase. To get that new manager effect both on and off the field. To communicate new ideas and give a bit of hope. This I feel is an important step, particularly as results aren't going to flip to brilliant overnight.  People point out the atmosphere at the CG is a bit crap and toxic, yet we waste an opportunity of a temporary respite.

But nothing seems to have changed. We still get Williams trotted out spouting the same stuff about what went wrong that nobody believes he can influence change over.

That's why I think it's thus far a bodged appointment. And yes I , and I suspect the wider fan base, are fickle enough to proclaim it a genius move when we start moving up the table Smiley
« Last Edit: Monday, December 12, 2016, 07:50:54 by Batch » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 07:49:46 »

Oh and DV - I looked up wages the other day in relation to the EFL futures BS.

In 2011 average was about 38K L2, 74K L1 and 200K Championship. Doubt its changed much

Not sure our own wage structure follows "average" mind.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 09:44:43 »

The more I think about it the more I think that Sherwood 's appointment hasn't actually changed anything

It has been suggested by Power & Williams that he was around the club before he was appointed, and the fact he's here with no contract makes me think the idea was just to take the pressure off Williams as he didn't really want to be manager.

I'd guess he was available to Williams for advice (including team selection) before
tans

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 09:57:36 »

I think it was just announced as a lever to keep the fans on side as they were getting grumpy
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: