Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Ball set to sign/Training with us!  (Read 9777 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 21:53:19 »

Crispy killed the cunt smiley then.

I chuckled at that one
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 16:22:53 »

So is Ball definitely right footed? Wilson seems to be playing him on the left.

Is a right footed player on the left really that big an issue?
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 16:25:08 »

Maybe he thinks Ball might be a Ward-type player?

I know Ward was naturally left footed, but from the games i saw him in, he seemed to cut in more, rather than try and beat the defender to cross.
Panda Paws

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 16:32:23 »

from the two wingers you want one to go outside and deliver or cross early, like JPM, and one to be more direct and cut in towards goal, like Ward last year, so Ball there would work.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 07:58:15 »

David ball will be the player were all talking about after the next few games. He is a fantastic young player and very highly regarded at man city, he will take this league by storm scoring bucket loads on the way!!
We will be top of the league by christmas.

We are goin up We are goin up!! Clap Clap
Spencer_White

« Reply #65 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:24:17 »

First impressions, not quick enough.

Lost the ball too much yesterday. When you sign these players from Prem youth and reserves sides they are not used to the amount of pressure opposition defenders put you under. Theres much less space, much more pressing. Hes going to have to be much more determined to keep the ball.

He would do well to watch Austin, who very rarely concedes possesion.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:26:52 by Spencer_White » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:25:18 »

I'm sure he will come good. Was probably a bit of a shock to the system but once he gets up to the pace of it, all will be fine.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:27:03 »

Hesitated too much on the edge of the box, but then he wasn't alone in that. Think he got a bit of a shock yesterday tbh - he'll get used to it, then we'll see whether he can be another Wardy. Seem to remember Ward took a few games to adjust initially, he wasn't always the scoring dynamo we remember from the back end of the season
MelkshamRED

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:40:37 »

Hesitated too much on the edge of the box, but then he wasn't alone in that. Think he got a bit of a shock yesterday tbh - he'll get used to it, then we'll see whether he can be another Wardy. Seem to remember Ward took a few games to adjust initially, he wasn't always the scoring dynamo we remember from the back end of the season
We need Wardy back!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:46:40 »

We need Wardy back!
Maybe, but we aren't going to get him, so we need to move on
MelkshamRED

« Reply #70 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:50:17 »

Maybe, but we aren't going to get him, so we need to move on
I suspose your right  Sad
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 18:10:52 »

Doesn't have a left foot. Is going to be wasted playing on the left by the look of it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #72 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 18:22:14 »

It amazes me that people are saying that about him already. He had a left foot against Forest and nearly scored.

He was poor yesterday but they all bloody were. To get the best out of him we need Rose overlapping so they both cause problems and he can then have a choice.

Yesterday he created loads of space played in Rose who decided insted of boxing it to play it back to Ball who at this point had 2 men.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 18:27:33 »

It amazes me that people are saying that about him already. He had a left foot against Forest and nearly scored.

He was poor yesterday but they all bloody were. To get the best out of him we need Rose overlapping so they both cause problems and he can then have a choice.

Yesterday he created loads of space played in Rose who decided insted of boxing it to play it back to Ball who at this point had 2 men.

What I found frustrating was that Ball had 4 or 5 openings down the left, then when O'Brien came on, he only had 1, when he headed the ball out of play.

I liked our tactic of trying to take Ball off twice as well, very crafty!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 18:29:04 »

Haha i saw that. I am slowly losing patience with O'Brien.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: