Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trialist Players Names Revealed  (Read 9814 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 23:03:27 »

Arrieta looked resonably good from what I saw, and from various YouTube clips, which we all know are a perfectly reliable way of rating a player....cough...Casal...cough

As has been said, I expect he was left out mostly because of the bucketloads of cash he will have been promised
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 18:46:40 »

I saw him a couple of times, and all he seemed to do was run around attempting sliding tackles that never connected, saying that i did miss the JPT wonder goal!
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 12:25:54 »

Sure its been posted elsewhere but looks like there getting deals till the end of the season, I am pretty happy with, couple of new faces should boost everyone.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4072264.Town_triallists_rewarded_with_deals/

Town triallists rewarded with deals

8:20am Saturday 24th January 2009

comment Comments (4)   Have your say »
Photograph of the Author By Anthony Marshall »

TOWN will offer triallists Hamdi Razak and Jean-Francois Lescinel deals until the end of the season, after the pair impressed boss Danny Wilson in a reserve team match earlier this week.

The duo played 90 minutes as Swindon’s second string beat their Swansea City counterparts 6-3 at the County Ground, with front man Razak grabbing a hat-trick in the process.

Wilson revealed the players had been recommended by a much-trusted European scout, and is happy to keep them on board until at least the end of the campaign.

“It would be until the end of the season on a short-term contract,” he said. “There’s still talks to be done and obviously the boys themselves have done well so on the back of that will be looking at what contract they can get.

“They did themselves the power of good and did well.

“It would be until the end of the season on a short-term contract. There’s still talks to be done and obviously the boys themselves have done well so on the back of that will be looking at what contract they can get.

“They have come recommended from a contact we’ve got over there and he doesn’t normally give you rubbish - he gives you quality players or potentially good players.”

Razak’s second-half treble on Tuesday night made the powerful Frenchman the main talking point among Town fans, but Wilson was equally impressed with Haiti international centre-back Lescinel.

“For any striker who comes on trial and scores a hat-trick, you can’t be too disappointed,” admitted Wilson “Razak up front is very raw, he’s an amateur from France, and we thought we would take a little look at him.

“It took him a little while to settle in to the game, but after he did he was a real handful. He needs polishing up - a hell of a lot - but he’s got the raw ingredients that you are looking for.

“At the back, Lescinel, who is a left-sided defender, gives you that balance.

“He’s quick, strong, not the first line header of the ball but he’s a very good sweeper of it and plays a typical continential French defending way - he goes in tight on people and is very physical with them.

“We’re in talks with them. It will only be short term because one the basis of one game you can’t be giving players three, four or five-year contracts.”
Spencer_White

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 12:52:20 »

I saw him a couple of times, and all he seemed to do was run around attempting sliding tackles that never connected, saying that i did miss the JPT wonder goal!

I saw most of the games he played pre season. He was slow, bad first touch, ball used to get stuck under his feet.

But he did try hard. Face it, you fans who liked him did so because he looked like he was prepared to cripple the opposition players.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 13:09:15 »

Plus he could get shots on target.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: