Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2046658 times)
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #1395 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 14:29:41 »

For all those who have played the system, hang your head in shame.

I have to agree those Hedge Fund Managers, tax exiles, etc etc should be hanging their heads in shame, but I don't think they will even care

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1396 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 14:46:24 »

Yes it's playing the system, but the system exists to be played.

Should average Joe be hanging his head in shame for using his ISA allowance and paying into a pension?

I'm not a hedge fund manager, but I certainly pay as little tax as possible by maximising the reliefs available to me.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #1397 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 15:37:30 »

I don't have a problem with people minimising their tax its what we would all do if we could.  Its up to the govt to have the balls to close any loopholes etc. but what I find barmy is the Govt getting help from the big accountancy firms in drawing up these regulations and laws, which just perpetuate these issues, and all of these people moaning about benefits cheats etc. When in my view its a drop in the ocean compared to ensuring that the big companies and seriously well off are made to pay what they should

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1398 on: Friday, March 18, 2016, 21:48:09 »

That odious turd IDS has resigned.  On a Friday night.  After voting for benefit cuts to the disabled he has decided thats a bit rich and resigned.

Political positioning?  Lets fuck over Osbournes leadership bid.  Im sure he'll be rewarded by the next leader.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1399 on: Friday, March 18, 2016, 21:54:18 »

Well the more cynical on Twitter are suggesting it's really posturing over the EU, but the text of the letter he's sent reads as a fairly damning indictment of the budget and Osbourne especially being unwilling to cut money paid to well off pensioners and cutting disability benefits instead. Either way, whatever his true purpose was, it's big news and hopefully will lead to some genuinely coherent opposition to what are truly mean spirited cuts.

It's just a shame the biggest opposition to the government now comes from within rather than the benches opposite.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1400 on: Friday, March 18, 2016, 22:08:11 »

To be fair, I think Osborne is doing a remarkable job of fucking up his leadership chances all on his own.

If only he was as good with numbers as he is at coming up with slogans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1401 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 00:24:04 »

That odious turd IDS has resigned.  On a Friday night.  After voting for benefit cuts to the disabled he has decided thats a bit rich and resigned.

Political positioning?  Lets fuck over Osbournes leadership bid.  Im sure he'll be rewarded by the next leader.

However, at least he has done the decent thing....unlike as far as I know Mr Tomlinson, who is Disabilities Minister, and more than happy to see the most disadvantaged in our "society" suffer.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1402 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 19:13:16 »

However, at least he has done the decent thing....unlike as far as I know Mr Tomlinson, who is Disabilities Minister, and more than happy to see the most disadvantaged in our "society" suffer.
Can we please get away from any idea that IDS has done any manner of decent thing.... This has all to do with internal political fighting within the Tories, scoring points against Cameron and Osborne.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/government-to-struggle-on-without-duncan-smiths-warmth-and-charm-20160319107321

We could find the ridiculous situation in 2020 of two principal parties riven by internal fighting that seem incapable of acting for the good of the country and so tied up in their own bollocks that no one wants to vote for either, a Corbyn v. Boris v. Farage battle scares the life out of me......

Ignore
« Reply #1403 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 19:47:46 »

There are few people I find more repulsive than IDS. His arse licking pal who is meant to represent Swindon must be crying into his Maggie Thatcher pillow now after publicly backing this disgusting  attack on the disabled.
Made an absolute tit of himself. As if being a Tory isn't bad enough. Cunt!
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 19:54:06 by Arriba » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1404 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 19:58:10 »

There are few people I find more repulsive than IDS. His arse licking pal who is meant to represent Swindon must be crying into his Maggie Thatcher pillow now after publicly backing this disgusting  attack on the disabled.
Made an absolute tit of himself. As if being a Tory isn't bad enough. Cunt!

Tomlinson should resign also, no ifs or buts.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1405 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 20:26:27 »

Exactly. This is all about settling some scores with Cameron/Osbourne and earning himself a (Shadow?) Cabinet post when Johnson takes over. He's put Osbourne right out on a limb though - how big a shit do you have to be to have IDS publicly disavowing your policy as going too far? Interesting also to see IDS echoing  Corbyn's line from Thursday that targetting the disabled to pay for tax cuts for the well off is a political, not an economic, choice. He's proper gone for their legs, hasn't he?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1406 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 20:28:14 »

a Corbyn v. Boris v. Farage battle scares the life out of me......
If that scares you, how does Putin, Trump and BJ all with their fingers on a nuclear button sound? Only need one more horseman there to make a full scale apocalypse, and that trio won't need any help.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1407 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 22:30:06 »

If that scares you, how does Putin, Trump and BJ all with their fingers on a nuclear button sound? Only need one more horseman there to make a full scale apocalypse, and that trio won't need any help.

And heeeeeere's:

Kim Jong Un!

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #1408 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 20:04:04 »

I've mentioned before that politicians, and politics in general, bore me to tears.

But it is good to see Cameron squirming, the odious cunt.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1409 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 20:14:03 »

I've mentioned before that politicians, and politics in general, bore me to tears.

But it is good to see Cameron squirming, the odious cunt.

If he's paid capital gains tax as he claims then it's a non issue, apparently going to publish his accounts next week. However all the idiots have already started the occupy London and protest groups on Facebook again against him, protests based on hearsay, conjecture and sensationalism... Brilliant. Always the same fucking idiots who protest about everything but don't actually contribute anything to the country but think it should be set up for them.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: