Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wijnhard  (Read 1116 times)
fatbury

« on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 13:52:21 »

Would be a pretty good signing
"Darlington striker Clyde Wijnhard has had his contract terminated by the League Two club.
The decision is understood to have followed a number of breaches of club rules and the 31-year-old has been given 14 days to appeal.

However, manager David Hodgson told the Northern Echo: "Clyde will not be playing for the club any more, his future lies elsewhere.

"The decision has been made following discussions with Clyde and the PFA."

Hodgson added: "It is in the best interests of Clyde and the football club that we part. "

"It is disappointing that it's reached such a conclusion but now Clyde has the chance to try his luck elsewhere."

Wijnhard, who joined Darlington in October, 2004 following previous spells with Oldham, Huddersfield and Leeds, has been linked with a move to Blackpool.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 13:55:31 »

Good player once, but I always have doubts about any players who have been released for reasons like that.

So no thanks.
mattboyslim

« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 14:16:31 »

Bedford Spot on, he was released/sacked for a reason!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 14:19:29 »

No Neeeeeeeed for another striker!!  :evil:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 23:17:31 »

he would only do a Cureton and Thorpe and just pick up his wages every week so what's the point?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 23:23:18 »

exactly

we've already got two journeymen strikers who are total doss, why sign another who is worse than the two we've already got?
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 23:44:11 »

Bit of an enimga is old Clive.

Top scorer in the Portugese league and eventually found his level in the English game in league one.

Not exactly an inspired choice and on paper is really no better than Cureton or Thorpe.

On the subject of Thorpe I still believe that he'll come good eventually.  Just needs to get a few games and that confidence back.  Hopefully going on loan will solve that.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 00:06:39 »

no more strikers!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: