Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tough Tackling Midfielder  (Read 2992 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:01:57 »

Kevin JHorlock WOULD fit the role but as a regular for Ipswich might be hard to persuade him to come here!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
fatbury

« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:03:22 »

i didnt think he was playing at the mo??

whoops
Walt flanagan's Dog

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:26:17 »

I can't believe that the same topic's keep coming up on this site!!  It's like reading thisisswindontownfc site!  Yes we need a good tough tackling midfielder, but there aren't any available, if there were, king would have found them (say what you like about the man, but he could spot talent).  Yes our defence is shit, were bottom of league 2, what do you expect??  Andy Caton IS NOT our saviour,  he's light weight, and not that good,  maybe in 2 years when he's bulked up abit he can prove me wrong, but i can't see it happening.
What your team really needs is fitness.  We had a joke of a pre-season, where we didn't play enough games, or against a quality.  The players are starting now to get there fitness and shapeness up, but where we have lost so many games there confidance is shot.  We need abit of luck......

bscure Reference-man!!
Piemonte

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:29:09 »

Quote from: "Walt flanagan's Dog"
I can't believe that the same topic's keep coming up on this site!!  It's like reading thisisswindontownfc site!  Yes we need a good tough tackling midfielder, but there aren't any available, if there were, king would have found them (say what you like about the man, but he could spot talent).  Yes our defence is shit, were bottom of league 2, what do you expect??  Andy Caton IS NOT our saviour,  he's light weight, and not that good,  maybe in 2 years when he's bulked up abit he can prove me wrong, but i can't see it happening.
What your team really needs is fitness.  We had a joke of a pre-season, where we didn't play enough games, or against a quality.  The players are starting now to get there fitness and shapeness up, but where we have lost so many games there confidance is shot.  We need abit of luck......

King would have found him and played him on the right wing

Again, lack of fitness is kings fault - no-one elses
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 13:00:05 »

Quote from: "Walt flanagan's Dog"

I feel like playing some sort of fanfare - I agree with all of that.
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 13:26:33 »

I'd also like to mention that following on from Walts post, the players have shown no sign at all that their levels of fitness or sharpness are improving as the season has progressed.
McLovin

« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 13:30:52 »

I always remember reading somewhere that Parkin would often go down the gym after training and on days off.  It is this type of commitment that makes some players better than others.  I wonder if our players are doing all they can to look after themselves and stay in condition.

I think most of us know the answer to that question.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: