Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tough Tackling Midfielder  (Read 2994 times)
SwindonFan

« on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 15:26:36 »

We are desperatley in need of a tough tackling ball winning midfielder, Paul Smith would have been ideal but apparently didnt have the money (How was the 5 loans deals financed then?) Whalley and Stef both good footballers but not the types to get stuck in and Pook well i dont rate him at all. The only option i can think of is to play Gurney centre mid alonside either Whalley or Stef, Shakes on the right, Nicolau on the left would give us natural width, fuck Heath off back to Man Utd what a waste of skin. Obviously Rory up top with......well Cureton and Thorpe fucking useless cunts. Roberts too inconsistent shame young Caton done his knee cos id have him up top with Rory. His pace wud be ideal to get on the end of Rorys flick ons
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 16:38:56 »

Bloody hell that was hard to read, just an angry diatribe!  

I think you're wrong about Cureton and Thorpe being useless cunts, and Heath a waste of skin.  Indeed, after the home game against Yeovil some were impressed with Heath, particularly his finished.  He is another player who never should have come to Swindon as he is a striker not a winger.

It is odd how we never seem to budget well - we always seem to make loan players which previously we couldn't have afforded.  I wonder how we would have done had Paul Smith been signed, and we'd had a fit, holding central midfield player.

I think the current problem with our team is too many journeymen, too many players not playing for the shirt.  Once Iffy starts to mould his own team, bring in his own loans and freebies, then we'll see if we can afford relegation.  The problem seems to have been with King getting a hard-on over the big names he could sign, and not really considering the balance of the team.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 17:06:55 »

Everyone rants about a tough tackling midfielder.

Does it not concern anyone that our centre backs are the most inconsistent and error prone we've seen in years?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 17:15:22 »

Dave's right its not just our midfield its our defence too. we keep saying "if  the defence just cuts out the silly errors then we will be ok" but we have been saying that for 2 years now and nothing has changed. if we are going to stay up we need goals as we will always concede and i think the midfield is key to that in terms of creating chances. yes  we need a strong hard tackling midfielder but we also need creativity that so far Whalley and Migs have failed to provide
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 17:18:14 »

You'd hope that the strong tackling midfield would have some impact on the defence, as he would hopefully stop the oppoisitions attackers getting to the defence.
SwindonFan

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 19:25:16 »

O'Hanlon is one of the best centre backs in the league, we all know about Jerel either awesome or awful, Collins has been alot better at centre back than right backwe have about 5 players who can play there anyway!!

We seem to have no balance, we play Jack Smith left back whose right footed and either Heath or Roberts left mid both right footed i can think of another team who play right footed players down the whole left side.

Nicho and Nicolau down the left!!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 19:28:58 »

i hate to have a different opinion to the entire world but is sean o the best in the leauge?

no no no and no. personally i think he is dodgy as fuck and prone to leaving strikers with acres of space.

him and jerel could possibly be the worst central defensive partnership in the division the table and goal difference doesnt lie.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 19:46:15 »

I think it is fair to say all we are missing is a tough tackling midfielder, a ball player who can also run, a centre back or two, a quality winger or two, a striker other than Fallon who can score and a few experienced battlers.

Apart from that we are fine.

Keep the faith...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 19:52:22 »

I think our backline would do alright if they had a decent midfield infront of them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 20:16:52 »

Quote from: "SwindonFan"
O'Hanlon is one of the best centre backs in the league

Yeah...right.....

Gone the way of all our youngish players. Start of really well, eventually settle in....nights out, never look the same player again.

Howard, Nicholas, O'Hanlon.....hopefully not Pook to follow.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 20:20:45 »

To be honest it's only papering over cracks. Good players don't make consistent mistakes week in week out. The players we have perform alright sometimes, but more often than not they are poor. The main reason isn't the midfield (although they are just as bad) it's individual mistakes from poor players.

I think we are in big trouble this season, and regardless whether it was King or anyone else (though it is him who brought us these players).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 20:21:04 »

I partly agree, it is scary how better we look with O'Hanlon though.
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 10:36:30 »

I think we need an experience central midfielder .. maybe Kevin Horlock would fit the role Huh?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 10:39:49 »

We need a "Bromham Dynamo" Stevey Escott Style battler in the middle, but I agree with Mex about O'Hanlon, far from the best in the league.  We'd probably be better off getting an experienced Centre Half, someone who's not passed it though.  Hard to come by when you've got no money.
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:01:31 »

personally I'd get rid of Ifill.

Hes a mistake waiting to happen and even when having a good game is liable to drop a bollock and gift the opposition a goal. I'd much rather have some one with less pace but more consistancy.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: