Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham vs Swindon - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35360 times)
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:12:03 »

They're all a bit mental in Scandinavia at this time of year...too much darkness and gloom. THink Edvard Munch.

This shit was a bit predictable, been the shape of the season and will probably continue...which will mean we'll have to look down rather than up, but we should just about have enough to stay up.

We're a typical lower than mid table side this year. Prediction would be to finish between 13th-19th.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:14:04 »

We should be moving for a forward regardless of whether Austin is out or not.

Totally agree, we should have been looking for another forward since Paynter left, but we all know that!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #287 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:14:55 »

Totally agree, we should have been looking for another forward since Paynter left, but we all know that!

We signed Dossevi and Ball (on loan). Neither have been up to Paynter's standard, which is surprising really.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:18:48 »

I wasn't happy about missing our game against Yeovil next week due to my sister deciding to have her wedding day when Town are at home but now i'm quite pleased i'm missing it. (The Yeovil game not her wedding)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:24:00 »

That chink of light has now gone.

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:24:15 »

my opinion hasn't changed.

i'm more concerned about the plans for next season.shit seasons often follow successful ones,frustrating as it is.
what we need are solid plans to get us on track for promotion next year.
that needs deciding now imo.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:24:30 »

We signed Dossevi and Ball (on loan). Neither have been up to Paynter's standard, which is surprising really.

True, but it's been clear for a couple of months they're not good enough.

Anyone else hear the text from Flash being read out on the radio?  He said something along the lines of 'When Prutton is MOM that's how bad it's got'.
flammableBen

« Reply #292 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:27:19 »

Don't just fucking state what we all know is wrong wilson you twat, it's your job to fucking to find out the reasons and sort it out. Not just sound baffled.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:27:23 »

That is abso-f***-lutely right!  Cheesy I wanna see the sun again soon!

Think of the midnight sun...that should get you through.

This is how I imagine Norway Red....

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #294 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:32:24 »

True, but it's been clear for a couple of months they're not good enough.

Anyone else hear the text from Flash being read out on the radio?  He said something along the lines of 'When Prutton is MOM that's how bad it's got'.

I don't disagree, just that things are easier to say in hindsight. Dossevi has played for Togo and Ball came highly rated and also very few thought Paynter was the player he actually was, even when he left.

my opinion hasn't changed.

i'm more concerned about the plans for next season.shit seasons often follow successful ones,frustrating as it is.
what we need are solid plans to get us on track for promotion next year.
that needs deciding now imo.

Yep, my exact thoughts. I just think it's gone stale for Wilson here. We've either got to back him with more money which is a risk, sack him now, or start thinking about who to get in before the summer kicks in.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:34:38 »

Don't just fucking state what we all know is wrong wilson you twat, it's your job to fucking to find out the reasons and sort it out. Not just sound baffled.

Chill out Benjani...Wilson is entitled to bafflement, performance of the week followed by dross, within 5 days, with the same players.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:36:10 »

Think of the midnight sun...that should get you through.

This is how I imagine Norway Red....

Haha! Well ain't that a coincident! It is actually ME - Norway Red - who has filmed and edited that video Wink

It was filmed in southern Sweden and some in Southern Norway, cut together. The night scene is filmed 1 1/2 hours south of Lillehammer!

HAHA! Brilliant !

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:38:16 »

I don't disagree, just that things are easier to say in hindsight. Dossevi has played for Togo and Ball came highly rated and also very few thought Paynter was the player he actually was, even when he left
Dossevi came here having only scored 9 goals since 2007, an average of 3 a season - Wilson must have known he wouldn't have scored even half the amount of goals that Paynter did last season.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:38:27 »

Danny Wilson hasn't given them the chance, really. I think Dossevi could have made an impact if he were to play games and not just come on the last quarters. Everbody can't be Steve White!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
scott

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 17:40:51 »

wilson just confirmed on radio austin not suspended so thats a relief i for one am backing wilson i think the players should look at themselves how can we do what we did to charlton and put in two shite performances in like that either side of it we're clearly good enough just inconsistant so come on lads sort it out
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: