Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 138002 times)
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:22:40 »

Evans:
- Williams doesnt sound inspiring

No shit.

Did he mention his extensive stamp collection?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:22:50 »

We have spent £500k more on players wages this year and its now time for them to deliver.

I find that hard to believe. We were robbed if true

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #677 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:25:23 »

6 goals conceded in 3 games, every one a fuck up and totally avoidable. After the first 15, Rovers were far superior to us. The quality of their crossing was excellent. Ironic they didn't score from one of them. Alex Revell will be looking forward to Tuesday. Thought the ref was good today. Thought we were shit. Unfortunately I don;t think it matters who plays midfield / attack given our total ineptitude to tackle, close down and defend.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:27:17 »

Apart from the bit of the game up to the goal, that was fucking shit.

Power's pre-match interview was fucking shit.
The ticket fiasco was fucking shit.
The resulting atmosphere and attendance was fucking shit.
The defence was fucking shit.
The midfield was fucking shit
The strikers were extremely fucking shit.
The first half was fucking shit.
The second half was even more fucking shit.
Nathan Thompson was fucking fucking fucking shit.
Branco coming over at the end thumping the Town badge on his chest was fucking shit.
The 3v8 fight that never quite started on County Road was fucking shit.
Everything is fucking shit.
--
Blips that weren't shit : Vigs, Kassim, Brophy, Goddard.
Guess you thought it was fucking shit then Batch - you are not wrong!!!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:30:19 by ronnie21 » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #679 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:28:12 »

Only saw the second half. Absolutely fuming.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:31:21 »

Left right on the final whistle, could hear booing as we walked by the CG Hotel, assume the crowd that were left let them know their feelings!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:31:38 »

Oh yeah, I forgot..

Delfonso  - completely wasted, he keeps making runs that we never spot because we are too busy fucking about with it.

Norris - only seen him v Bury and today. My son's assessment of "he's like a cheap shit Michael Smith" covers those two performances nicely.

Lastly, apologies to the those around me in the DRS at the end. I may have voiced my displeasure at the performance when I saw Branco doing his tap the badge crap.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:39:54 »

The one highly optimistic crumb of comfort I can think of is sometimes and for no reason things can click and everything works.

I can't see where its coming from, but it happens.

Mind you, last time I thought this way about the fist team squad was under Danny Williams and, er, bad example.
lambourn red

« Reply #683 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:43:51 »

The only crumb of comfort I got was cashing out about 2 minutes before the penalty for £67 I had £30 on town win at 2/1

You could just se it coming which begs the question what was Williams watching and why could he not change it around
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:44:26 »

I think it's been said a fair amount but. We just need to drop the idea of playing 3-5 at the back and should improve. Were we really that shit???
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:45:57 »

Vigs - made some good saves and if it wasn't for him we could have been on the end of a hiding
Furlong - did little all game. Been impressed with him up until todays game so hoping it was a one off
Thompson - never a centre back and if he is going to play then he plays right back or not at all. No defender should be trying to dribble past an attacker when you are the last defender. These mistakes are happening too frequently
Branco - pissed me off more than anyone at the end with his tapping of the badge shit. How about showing some passion whilst the game is being played instead
Jones - best defender out there and has a great future ahead of him
Brophy/Boo - need to learn to take on there defender when attacking rather than cutting in all the time. If your going to cut in then bloody shoot!
Thomas - far to slow in possession and needs to learn to use his left foot.
Kasim - didn't do anything first half at all
Murray - only one who looked like creating anything
Obika - should have scored in the first couple of minutes. Other than that didnt look fit at all
Delfonso - ran a lot but was never played in by the rest
Goddard - good little cameo
Norris - what a fucking waste of a striking option let alone money!

Tonight was a shambles. Williams may be a great coach but it was obvious for everyone to see that we were overran for 85minutes. We simply allowed cross after cross to come in and should have moved to 4 or 5 at the back. The wingback system is not working. The whole point of that is fast counter attacking football something which we do not play. Taking Murray off 5 mins into the second half was ridiculous. I appreciate he is not up to fitness but you dont have a 15min rest to then only play 5 extra mins. Our free kicks are useless and how Norris or Kasim can ever be on one again i'll never know.

All in all a shit performance where 2-1 flattered us tbh. A long season ahead especially when you have 3 strikers who will be lucky to score a combined 15 goals!
lambourn red

« Reply #686 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:52:24 »

Vigs - made some good saves and if it wasn't for him we could have been on the end of a hiding
Furlong - did little all game. Been impressed with him up until todays game so hoping it was a one off
Thompson - never a centre back and if he is going to play then he plays right back or not at all. No defender should be trying to dribble past an attacker when you are the last defender. These mistakes are happening too frequently
Branco - pissed me off more than anyone at the end with his tapping of the badge shit. How about showing some passion whilst the game is being played instead
Jones - best defender out there and has a great future ahead of him
Brophy/Boo - need to learn to take on there defender when attacking rather than cutting in all the time. If your going to cut in then bloody shoot!
Thomas - far to slow in possession and needs to learn to use his left foot.
Kasim - didn't do anything first half at all
Murray - only one who looked like creating anything
Obika - should have scored in the first couple of minutes. Other than that didnt look fit at all
Delfonso - ran a lot but was never played in by the rest
Goddard - good little cameo
Norris - what a fucking waste of a striking option let alone money!

Tonight was a shambles. Williams may be a great coach but it was obvious for everyone to see that we were overran for 85minutes. We simply allowed cross after cross to come in and should have moved to 4 or 5 at the back. The wingback system is not working. The whole point of that is fast counter attacking football something which we do not play. Taking Murray off 5 mins into the second half was ridiculous. I appreciate he is not up to fitness but you dont have a 15min rest to then only play 5 extra mins. Our free kicks are useless and how Norris or Kasim can ever be on one again i'll never know.

All in all a shit performance where 2-1 flattered us tbh. A long season ahead especially when you have 3 strikers who will be lucky to score a combined 15 goals!
Very good analysis I could not have put it better, agree we collapsed when Murray went off and Thomson and Branco are a disaster waiting to happen every game
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:05:58 »

Same old then?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:07:31 »

I assumed Murray was injured?

I thought we rallied a bit after he came off, but after Norris came on we were shit. I don't blame Norris for that, he was no worse than Delfounso, just that it coincided with that happening. I do blame him for missing a sitter to make it 2-0, even if he didn't mean to!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:08:01 »

Norris buries that chance everyones smiling. Poor, poor miss but 2-0 would have flattered us. We lost a spark when Murray went off (great signing btw) and although I was pleasantly surprised with how well we were coping under the pressure I'm not surprised we eventually crumbled. Bad discipline yet again too, this needs to stop.

Shit night all round really.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: