Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 138009 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 08:37:00 »

I think he is saying that they would sell more tickets at 50% and our shoestring ticket office couldn't cope with the demand.
Yeah, I got that. Just thought it was bollocks, is all. A midweek replay is no different to any other fixture in the sense of selling tickets, there'd be less demand for this one (as it's midweek) than the original Saturday game and don't remember anyone suggesting the ticket office struggled with the original fixture
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 15:07:29 »

Newport vs Barnet abandoned at HT  Eat

Bury up 3-0, game under threat there...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 15:09:44 »

China and USA signed a climate change deal today.....maybe too late  Sad
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 15:45:49 »

Be interesting to see what happens here !!

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 16:48:26 »

Not comparable, the rematch will be in front of one man and a dog.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 16:50:16 »

Not comparable, the rematch will be in front of one man and a dog. his sheep

True.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #456 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 17:11:43 »

Yeah, I got that. Just thought it was bollocks, is all. A midweek replay is no different to any other fixture in the sense of selling tickets, there'd be less demand for this one (as it's midweek) than the original Saturday game and don't remember anyone suggesting the ticket office struggled with the original fixture

From a ticket office perspective the thing that makes it struggle is midweek cup games, as season ticket holders typically don't reserve/buy their tickets in advance, so you have everyone converge on the ticket office late because they've been home got changed etc and all hit the ground at the same time. From the rearranged fixture perspective, in its current format I expect it to BAU for the normal walk up ticket sales as anyone that does want to attend would purchase in advance, and even if the club did reduce entry to those that attended the original fixture I'd expect they would retain the stubs from the original game and only offer a discount in advance.
lambourn red

« Reply #457 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 19:06:05 »

I just had the misfortune of ending up on the the STFC fan FB page I have not been on it for ages, my god there are some specimens on there. Who the hell is that Christian lad on there who seems to spend all his time trying to get others to boycott and abusing season ticket holders .
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 19:20:18 »

Christian is a 50/50 fan I think, half Swindon, half Cheltenham. He's either a Sutton/kr topping top class WUM, or a total fucknugget.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 19:32:28 »

Christian is a 50/50 fan I think, half Swindon, half Cheltenham. He's either a Sutton/kr topping top class WUM, or a total fucknugget.
Used to live near him in Tewkesbury, not a wind up merchant just a bellend. Seems to think he represents the views of the fanbase and any people with alternative views are "happy clappers".  Used to bang Clare Scarth so you would think that if Power was a dodgy as he makes out then he would have had access to some evidence, but no which speaks volumes really!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 19:45:49 »

I saw KR at Qpr I'll have you know.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 20:18:27 »

Wink
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 21:54:14 »

Used to live near him in Tewkesbury, not a wind up merchant just a bellend. Seems to think he represents the views of the fanbase and any people with alternative views are "happy clappers".  Used to bang Clare Scarth so you would think that if Power was a dodgy as he makes out then he would have had access to some evidence, but no which speaks volumes really!

:O that's what I'm talking about. People think the ticket-refund hysteria was a big deal but remember Fredi? Those were the days.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 02:20:20 »

Facebook pages seem to be the in thing. The amount of LADBible and uniLAD and other twatty things I get linked to must mean it's popular. Is anybody interested in an STFCnotaLAD one? It probably wouldn't have much to do about football.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 17:19:23 »

We aren't opening the Bank for the rearranged game - at least until the Arkells have sold out.

Rovers fans now moaning about being forced to pay £25 instead of the option of £19.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: