Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 4th Round Draw  (Read 5135 times)
lebowski

« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:41:05 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
As regards TV, theres a lot to be decided by the replays, but NO WAY would I I have Wigan v Chelsea.

Us V Rovers on TV would be immense. Not many local derbies in there. Although to be fair, I think one of the ties of the round is Hereford v Cardiff (provided Hereford get through thats a cracker).

To much to be decided by replays before you can tell if its a good draw or not.

Town V Rovers 4th round would be mental.

the beeb will almost always go for the all premiership games.

plus, portsmouth v plymouth is the old dockyard derby. there are probably 5 games more "interesting" than either of the teams we could end up against.

i think stfc v brfc would bring in a bigger crowd than stfc v fulham.
sonic youth

« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:52:38 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Malkmus"
bugger, i'm going to be in the US for the play-off final and the FA Cup final. we better be shit this year.

Your new found spirit of optimism is commendable but I wouldn't lose too much sleep about being away for the FA Cup final!

I wouldn't worry too much about the play-offs either.....

i'm not looking for excuses not to go, i swear.

Crying
DMR

« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 21:10:06 »

Quote from: "DV"
I think we'd be better off with Rovers...

I cant think why Sky or BBC would be queing up to get the rights to Swindon Vs Fulham. I mean Fulham are one of those very much nothingness Premiership Clubs no one cares about.

More chance of Sky or BBC wanting to show a local derby which had a penalty and 4 red cards last time.

Plus Rovers would sell more tickets than Fulham and we'd probably get a bigger crowd!

We'd have to pay shit loads more for policing...but meh. I dunno.

I concur with all that... come on the Gas!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 21:15:23 »

dont they have to pick the games quite early. i don't think we'll get chosen, what with both games going to replay. we could end up having bristol rovers v barnet on telly which wouldn't be much goood

Things get better but they never get good
mattboyslim

« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 21:20:59 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
dont they have to pick the games quite early. i don't think we'll get chosen, what with both games going to replay. we could end up having bristol rovers v barnet on telly which wouldn't be much goood

On that fact alone I fancy the plymouth pompey game to be on telly, although they might stick man yoo on knowing it'll be all premiership whatever - similarly the Arsenal game promises to be a good tie whether Newcastle or Stoke progress.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: