Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New loan signing  (Read 3877 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:21:08 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
He never seems to be considered, does he?  Weird.

It is getting a bit stupid now.

I remember pointing out a King interview, where he was talking about a striker partner for Rory and Roberts didnt get a mention and again.

Its stupid, because Bradford aside, every time he has come on he has looked dangerous.

I hope this is part of Iffys plan, he'll play Roberts on the wing because we are not creating enough.

Christian Roberts does still play for us right?

I agree that every time he comes on he looks good, but everytime hes started hes looked shit ever since his injury

When was the last time Roberts started a game?

BBC has this Bouazza kiddy down as a midfielder?!

Wycombe. he was utterly shite and disinterested. he was only sparred my wrath by thorpe being even worse.

Yet which one now starts every week!?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:22:49 »

Hes not in the first team.

If he doesnt want to work to get in it then he doesnt deserve a place in it .

2 different managers that work with him every day would seem to agree with me .

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:43:29 »

so because he didnt score for the reserves that means he isnt working hard enough?

You cant ignore the fact he has outscored Cureton and Thorpe put together without even starting a game.

In his last apperance Roberts was full of running and at one point even ran the width of the pitch to win the ball back, he then turned around and started running at the defenders again and kept causing problems and we were unlucky not to score.

He deserves his chance....Thorpe and Cureton havent delivered.
McLovin

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:45:44 »

i hate agreeing with Dan, but he appears to be right.  Also, why not try Heath (he is a striker afterall) or Shakes before getting another young head on loan?
Piemonte

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:46:26 »

He probablly does, but your constant whinging about the subject just makes me want to argue with you about it. :|
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:47:38 »

i agree with DV85 in a way. what's the point in continuing to play cureton and thorpe if they are not going to score. Roberts has scored 2 (more than Curo and Thorpe put together) and started about 1 game i think. give him a chance. cant be any worse than Cureton or Thorpe can he?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 14:13:40 »

Quote from: "VD85"
You cant ignore the fact he has outscored Cureton and Thorpe put together without even starting a game.

You can and should ignore that because it's not a fact. He started against Oldham and was completely anonymous for most of the match before suddenly coming into life in the last 20 minutes giving the impression he was brought on as a sub but he wasn't.

I quite like Roberts because he plays a bit like me, quick, good at running at defenders sometimes, good when he tries but lazy. He's not really that amazing a lot of the time though so I'm not convinced he deserves to start, depends what he's like in training.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 14:17:19 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

You can and should ignore that because it's not a fact. He started against Oldham and was completely anonymous for most of the match before suddenly coming into life in the last 20 minutes giving the impression he was brought on as a sub but he wasn't.

I quite like Roberts because he plays a bit like me, quick, good at running at defenders sometimes, good when he tries but lazy. He's not really that amazing a lot of the time though so I'm not convinced he deserves to start, depends what he's like in training.

Ok, so Roberts has outscored Cureton and Thorpe put together in just 1 start.

Everyone was dire for the first 70 minutes of that Oldham match. Harsh to single Roberts out on that occasion.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 14:26:31 »

Roberts is as rubbish as the other 2.

You just dont like the fact that Iffy agrees with King.He sees him train every day.We need goals do you not think that if he had shown even the slightest bit of interest in being the team he would not be playing?

Your basing his selection on what?

2 goals?
20 minutes against Oldham?
1 other game?
Kicking balls into the Townend at half time?
His eyebrow slash?

The manager knows him best and isnt picking him for a reason,you  had better get used to it and stop harping on and on.

/
W56196272
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 14:28:54 »

He was started on the right side of midfield for the Oldham match and was only moved up front for the final 20 mins when it became obvious that a Cureton / Thorpe up-front partnership wasn't gonna work. I think it would be harsh to consider this a 'start' when played out of position.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 14:41:57 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Roberts is as rubbish as the other 2.

You just dont like the fact that Iffy agrees with King.He sees him train every day.We need goals do you not think that if he had shown even the slightest bit of interest in being the team he would not be playing?

Your basing his selection on what?

2 goals?
20 minutes against Oldham?
1 other game?
Kicking balls into the Townend at half time?
His eyebrow slash?

The manager knows him best and isnt picking him for a reason,you  had better get used to it and stop harping on and on.

First of, how do you know Roberts is as rubbish at the other 2? He hasnt been given a fair chance upfront this season. So can't be judged.

Again, the fact I dont like is that Cureton and Thorpe have both been give chance after chance to deliver and have failed to. Roberts has not been given that chance. He might fail as badly as the others, but we are hardly in a position where we can freeze players out and not play them.

I'm basing his selection on

* Thorpe isnt delivering
* Cureton isnt delivering
* Roberts looked good in the last 20 at Oldham and scored a good goal
* Roberts played well and set up a goal against Forest
* Roberts came off the bench and looked our most dangerous man at Tranmere
* Roberts came off the bench and played well against Walsall
* Roberts came off the bench to score against Yeovil
* Roberts came off the bench and looked very dangerous against Bournemouth
* Roberts came off the bench and was our main threat at Doncaster.
* Roberts style of play would be most suited to playing alongside Fallon in my opinion.
* We've all seen what Roberts is capable of just last season, where as Thorpe and Cureton have not done anything for the last couple of years.
* Roberts isnt scared to take men on.
* Roberts can create.

Iffy has only picked two teams, one of which Roberts wasnt even available for, so how can you be so sure that Iffy doesnt like him and doesnt want to play him?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 15:08:07 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"

He was started on the right side of midfield for the Oldham match and was only moved up front for the final 20 mins when it became obvious that a Cureton / Thorpe up-front partnership wasn't gonna work. I think it would be harsh to consider this a 'start' when played out of position.

Playing Roberts on the wing isn't out of position, he's played there regularly for all his clubs.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 15:52:25 »

Playing Roberts on the wing isn't out of position, he's played there regularly for all his clubs.

he doesnt like it out on the wing though. he said that was the reason he left city & signed for us, because king told him he would play up front.

he's got to be worth a try in my opinion. cant be any worse than thorpe & cureton.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 16:17:23 »

Bouazza is a midfielder according to BBC Sport. What ever position he plays in though, i hope he plays like he wants to be here and i hope he scores or atleast sets up a few.
If he is natually a striker, atleast that will then put more pressure on the likes of Cureton, Thorpe and Roberts and also he may well be cover for one of our strikers as one of them may be shipped out on loan.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 16:19:00 »

i bet he is shit!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: