Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: About time  (Read 1700 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 12:40:35 »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/French-Students-Dano-Sonnex-Nigel-Farmer-Found-Guilty-Of-Murdering-Laurent-Bonomo-Gabriel-Ferez/Article/200906115295804?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15295804_French_Students%3A_Dano_Sonnex%2C_Nigel_Farmer_Found_Guilty_Of_Murdering_Laurent_Bonomo%2C_Gabriel_Ferez

This country got some politicians with balls who will sort out our justice system...another catalogue of deadly errors by idiots who cant be bothered to do there jobs properly.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 13:40:15 »

Heads should roll & include Straw who should resign, but it won't happen. The baby P case needed a massive public out cry.
My view. Knives can kill; we all know that. Therefore use of a knife should be treated as attempted murder & the sentence should reflect that.
The problem is that the goverment refuse to build more prisons, instead they have been making the current ones more comfy & letting criminals out early to make more room.
One thing for sure... If someone is locked up they will not reoffend, so lock em up & keep them there

From the Dark Side
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 15:50:04 »

One thing for sure... If someone is locked up they will not reoffend, so lock em up & keep them there

If you are keen to do that for crime in general you get a situation like the USA where more than 1 in 100 adults are in jail. If you take men aged 20-34 1 in every 30 are in jail and if you narrow it to black men of that age group it's 1 in 9  Eek.

Would we really want a situation like that?

(Btw I'm not saying people who do awful things should get away with it. But being eager to lock people up for long periods for all sorts of things isn't good imo)
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 16:00:42 by Spy » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 15:52:11 »

So it is true about blacks doing all the crime then?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 15:53:59 »

They just get caught more than anyone else.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 15:58:16 »

The black communitys aren't very prosperous. They're poor areas and poor areas have high crime rates. So yes in a way its true but poor white neighbourhoods have more crime too AND young black men are under greater scrutiny from police so they're gonna be caught more often. More likely to be stopped and searched etc.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 16:04:16 »

Phil what makes you say prisons are comfy and cushty
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 16:07:34 »

Being poor is no excuse. I was poor as a kid, classic single parent family, mum was on about £11k a year and we lived on a council estate, yet I didn't commit (m)any crimes.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 16:12:09 »

But you are a pussy
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 16:25:12 »

good point. Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 17:34:05 »

The black communitys aren't very prosperous. They're poor areas and poor areas have high crime rates. So yes in a way its true but poor white neighbourhoods have more crime too AND young black men are under greater scrutiny from police so they're gonna be caught more often. More likely to be stopped and searched etc.
I was studying this recently. It's amazing how disadvantaged you are if you are a black person in a predominantly balck neighbourhood in a US city. Wage inequalities are ridiculous and theres no wonder these people are feeling marginalised. I'm not excusing crime, as there's no place for it, but I think that sticking more and more people in prison is treating the symptom rather than the cause.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 17:43:18 »

I was studying this recently. It's amazing how disadvantaged you are if you are a black person in a predominantly balck neighbourhood in a US city. Wage inequalities are ridiculous and theres no wonder these people are feeling marginalised. I'm not excusing crime, as there's no place for it, but I think that sticking more and more people in prison is treating the symptom rather than the cause.

Sorry Reeves cant agree...theres nations ware people are just happy to eat and drink....the excesses of western nations have made people black and white lazy and expectant on the state to bale them out...drug use is the main reason for all crime,especially violent crime and thats ware the issues need addressing...ime just sick to death of the fuking lowlife who get out early or even worse get bail to kill and hurt again...for me more prisons should be built and if you commit 3 violent crimes life should mean life...if you cant be a decent person after being given 2 chances then IMO throw away the key so people can live in peace...those French students were let down by our system...that scum should have been locked up for good along time ago with the list of violent crime the had commited.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:28:33 »

you've got to have rules cos if you didn't where would you be?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:30:33 »

its all in the game
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:34:06 »

Sorry Reeves cant agree...theres nations ware people are just happy to eat and drink....the excesses of western nations have made people black and white lazy and expectant on the state to bale them out...drug use is the main reason for all crime,especially violent crime and thats ware the issues need addressing...ime just sick to death of the fuking lowlife who get out early or even worse get bail to kill and hurt again...for me more prisons should be built and if you commit 3 violent crimes life should mean life...if you cant be a decent person after being given 2 chances then IMO throw away the key so people can live in peace...those French students were let down by our system...that scum should have been locked up for good along time ago with the list of violent crime the had commited.

Fuck the human rights apologists, if you are in prison for serious offences and found guilty, hard labour, limited privileges, that would sort a lot of the stupid problems ours or any other society has.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: