Poll
Question: Pro-life or pro-choice?  (Voting closed: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 01:05:24)
Alright as it is - 11 (64.7%)
Smaller time limit - 6 (35.3%)
Ban abortion - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 1629 times)
Amir

« on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 01:05:24 »

What do you think about this issue?

Personally I agree with the right to chose, still I don't think the time limit for abortions should be as long as it currently is.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 08:04:10 »

Id leave it like it is.

Ive listened to the debates for and against and see no reason to change as long as the person involved is  fully aware of what they are doing.

I am deeply offended by the church groups and anti abortion brigade who feel they have the right to stand outside  abortion clinics to bully and abuse young women who are going through what obviously is a tough time for most.In fact I cannot believe this sort of puritanical clap trap is happening  in Britain today ,but sadly it is.

/
W56196272
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 08:23:59 »

Three of my ex girlfiends have all had abortions- not because of me i might add. But at the end of the day, IMO its down to the person carrying. If she doesn't want it, I'd stand by her if she wants it I'd stand by her aswell.

But I honestly beleive that a child needs to be brought up in a stable environment and not just for the sakes of it...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 08:47:06 »

What good could banning it ever do?
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 13:11:35 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
What good could banning it ever do?
encourage people to think about these kind of things a bit more seriously before actually getting up the duff.

not saying i agree with that, just an argument for banning it.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 13:14:44 »

I not pro-abortion, don't think I'd ever agree with it in normal cirumstances, however this doesn't mean that I'd stop anyone else from having one, just that personally I wouldn't want my g/f to have one.    So none of the above for me.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 13:35:58 »

My view on this is one of choice!  It is an incredibly difficult and emotive subject and i do not believe there can be a one model suits all situation!  

However, i do feel that the limit should be lowered!  I did find the case in the news yesterday quite appaling and that abortion should never have been allowed!  It is so difficult for us "normal" people to make judgements based on science as we are not aware of all the facts with regard what the child knows etc

It would be interesting to get one of the ladies opinions or indeed someone with more religious views!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 14:11:45 »

I think it should be made compulsory in chavvy areas.

We're only a small island and we need to keep the population down. Wink
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 14:13:00 »

Seriously though, i'm pro-choice and like Yeovil cant belive the antics of some religious and pro-life groups.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 14:18:27 »

fuck the ethical issues, what would be worseis a 16 year old raising a child to be a complete cunt who could have a shit life might kill someone and rob me for drug money.

officially blacker than the night.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 14:54:03 »

Leave it as it is, anyway, it's not like I'm ever going to have one
lebowski

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 22:36:30 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
We're only a small island and we need to keep the population down. Wink

good point, there are too many fucking people on this planet as it is
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker