Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Interview in the People today  (Read 1981 times)
jutty274

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:06:59 »

There is a good interview in the sunday people today with PDC. he is very honest and frank in it.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/07/03/paolo-di-canio-interview-i-ve-played-in-front-of-mafia-hitmen-so-i-m-not-scared-of-league-2-102039-23243075/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:17:16 »

There is a good interview in the sunday people today with PDC. he is very honest and frank in it.

I didn't read about Frank, who is he and are we trying to sign him as a striker? I think we could do with a couple of strikers Cheesy

Actually its a really good read and very honest.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:23:09 »

actually the bits I liked best in all of that were ....
“In this job, the psychology is the most important. I am never going to be frustrated that my centre-back ­cannot play the ball like Rio Ferdinand. I have to find a way to help my ­defender achieve his own ambitions.

“I know we will not have a genius in League Two. A lot of managers don’t ­understand this. Maybe they were a very good footballer at the top level but if they get a job in League Two they get ­frustrated. If you think that way, you cannot be a manager. You have to open the mind 360 degrees.”

“If you treat your players as a man, they’ll respect you. If you say ‘no, ­everything is okay, don’t be worried’, then you speak badly of them behind their back or maybe you leave them out of the team, they won’t respect you. You have to grab him by the shirt and say ‘come on’, if they’re a man, they’ll ­accept it.’’

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:26:43 »

Thanks Jutty, good read. Its hard not to be impressed every time PDCs talks.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:34:18 »

Impressive stuff Smiley

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:41:06 »

Like it,for me personally i have not been impressed with our signings,not really upbeat for next season to be honest,but there is a part of me thinking that this feller is going to get it right for us in a big way.
I really hope so because the other option dosn't bear thinking about.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 10:44:04 »

poor...get the facts right. PDC pushed the ref in 1998 not 2007!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 10:46:00 »

It was indeed 98. Good article though. You can't help but not be impressed by what he says.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 10:48:32 »

It was indeed 98. Good article though. You can't help but not be impressed by what he says.

completely agree. very passionate and like the way he's psychologically gearing them up.

If you don't believe you can do it...you won't!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 12:51:25 »

There was an Oxford fan commenting on PDC's appointment a while back, saying they (OUFC) were likely to have an advantage in the derby games because he wouldn't understand what the derby meant to the fans.  Reading this and other articles recently, I don't think the Oxford fan could have been wider of the mark.  I think you could have levelled the 'not getting what Swindon vs Oxford means' accusation at some of our other managers, but I have no such qualms about PDC.  (Just wish he'd sign some flaming strikers!)   Wink
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 13:33:58 »

Di Canio will be more up for the derby against Oxford than some of the fans. He gets it, don't worry about that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: