Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Slavetraders away  (Read 37914 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 00:01:59 »

City fans make me laugh. Slagging swindon off as a dump,  but apart from the harbourside,  Clifton and sneyd park I can't think of any other part of Bristol that is ok. At least there are loads of exit roads  Smiley

The M32 has its highlights.
Spud

« Reply #151 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 09:07:15 »

The mrs sister lives in Bristol. Apart from it's football clubs, it's a great city with lots more to do than there is here!

That aside, I know it's all ticket. But what's the chances of the club getting tickets put aside up there? Decided to go to the game now.
Flashheart

« Reply #152 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 13:42:12 »

City fans make me laugh. Slagging swindon off as a dump,

The best response to this is: "so fucking what?"

I just don't see why some people take offence at this and cannot understand why some people would choose to use it as an attempted insult. It's not as though the town we are born in is decided on some merit system. We come from whichever town we come from because that's where our parents live. That's it.

If I were somehow responsible for the town and how people perceive it then I might be somewhat irked by such remarks. Considering I am not in the slightest bit responsible, however, I really could not give a flying one and I don't see what other people would either.
Talk Talk

« Reply #153 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 01:00:05 »

The best response to this is: "so fucking what?"

I just don't see why some people take offence at this and cannot understand why some people would choose to use it as an attempted insult. It's not as though the town we are born in is decided on some merit system. We come from whichever town we come from because that's where our parents live. That's it.

Quite. Where you are born - either town/city, country or continent is down to an accident of geography. Which make it all the more silly to get all het up about foreigners, local 'rivals', king and country etc. It's all a load of crap. Well, more than that actually, it's just pimped out bigotry.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 01:04:09 »

More the irony than the statement itself
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: