Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Apple  (Read 2332 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 07:14:29 »

Yes yes. I drink in the Doom Bar in Cornwall, a couple of times a year. Its all over the place now, always a suprise to see it in places like london
Talking to an Arkells pub landlord last week, rates Doom Bar as one of the best drinks there is and would love to be able to serve it.  Trouble is there would no beer brewed at Kingsdown if they started selling it in their pubs!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 07:21:37 »

I LOVE doombar

Things get better but they never get good
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 13:55:22 »

They sell Doom Bar at the Red Lion in Cricklade (or they did last time I was there anyway)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 15:32:43 »

They sell Doom Bar at the Red Lion in Cricklade (or they did last time I was there anyway)
And at the Turnpike in Minety.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 16:35:18 »

If you are after bottles of ale or proper beer then head to Magnum along Wood Street, they have a fantastic selection.

For example just before Christmas I popped in and walked out with a crate of Christmas Pudding Ale.

Bloody lovely it was.

But yes anyway it is important that we as consumers give these independant shops our custom and support in these trying times.

Think of it as supporting, say, a League 1 side instead of Manchester United Smiley
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 17:17:07 »

Christmas Pudding Ale is something I've always been intrigued by, but have yet to sample. Hopefully I'll spot it somewhere in this year's festive period!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 17:59:59 »

Most brewers bring out their winter beers in about a month's time, so you'll get a much better selection then.  There are few better ways to finish off an afternoon of Christmas shopping than by heading to a warm, friendly pub for a pint of Winter Warmer.
flammableBen

« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 18:05:52 »

Doom Bar is so common now that it's starting to seem like a bit of a cop out, a bit like old speckled hen or something. It's a brilliantly delicious fall back, but I tend to go for a new option if there's one I don't remember trying.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 18:33:37 »

Doom Bar is so common now that it's starting to seem like a bit of a cop out, a bit like old speckled hen or something. It's a brilliantly delicious fall back, but I tend to go for a new option if there's one I don't remember trying.

I always have to try the new beers - not that I'm some weird camra ticker but if I didn't I would never have tried Chcolocate Orange Delight (Downton) or (Marble) Ginger or Potholer (Cheddar) without going for something new. Fall backs are great but that is the wonderful thing about beer - there are always new things to try.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 18:40:35 »

The bristolian is an aquired taste but very leathal. Nice little barge, with great ploughmans!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: