Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will we come Straight back up?  (Read 3515 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:30:16 »

Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"
Well if we bring in some more experienced players i.e. and experienced centre back, and mix them with some youth players i.e. Caton, Joutieswitz, Stroud, i feel we could definetly compete at the top.

In order to recruit players you must pay wages....King wanted Gary Jones who scored a lot of goals something like 11 in midfield....think ours have scored perhaps 3 all season.

He went to Grimsby because they paid more....they also offered more to Whalley....but he lived in Cardiff, so we suited better.

Grimsby are going back up.

Our Board, deliberately adopted a policy of paying as little on wages as possible....and tried to paper the cracks with loans....a policy still on going.

It was totally predictable it'd end in tears.....problem is it'll be repeated next season with spades, as there's a million CVA to settle and no plan for paying it, other than a chimeral ground development.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:35:12 »

That's what I mean. Should we redevelop the County Ground as well it will help us, a la the 'Hull and Swansea factor,' and we could come back up quickly.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:39:47 »

Quote from: "Reeves for King"
That's what I mean. Should we redevelop the County Ground as well it will help us, a la the 'Hull and Swansea factor,' and we could come back up quickly.

If we could see some progress on that front, then it would help to turn around the sense of drift, that has been apparent for a couple of seasons now.

Lets be fair to the Board they did have a bit of a go in the Mooney season, but the funds were from unpaid tax, and it ddin't quite work....so retrenchment was necessary.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:43:30 »

Quote from: "DV85"
why, the gap between the two divisions is non-existant....look at the teams who have come up....Swansea, Southend, Scunthorpe and Yeovil....all have done well....where as none of the teams relegated have really done well.

If the players arent good enough for league one, they wont be good enough for league two either because the standard is the same.

The fact we've gone out of 3 cups to league two teams proves this

Amen brother DV. It pains me to agree with your pessimism, but I really think you have hit the nail on the head.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:05:33 »

i can see us doing an oxford, languishing in the bottom division for eternity.

however, providing fans expectations aren't too high we can trundle along for a couple of seasons until the cva is repaid, the redevelopment is complete and we can move forward again.

but that won't happen, oh well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:19:44 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
i can see us doing an oxford, languishing in the bottom division for eternity.

however, providing fans expectations aren't too high we can trundle along for a couple of seasons until the cva is repaid, the redevelopment is complete and we can move forward again.

but that won't happen, oh well.

If history is anything to go by....once the summer is out of the way...we'll be desperate for some football and follow the usual silly rituals....look for the fixtures etc speculate what 2 teams might be worse than us etc.

As things look the fixture list might not be too devoid of interest....as Mex says few new grounds and some local stuff...Carlisle and Grimsby look to be going the other way...and Accrington is a must do game. Hopefully Hereford can replace Torquay.

The last time we played them in the league, was our last in the old Div 4.

We lost 4-1.

The match was redeemed though, by the celebration of Colin Calderwod on scoring to make it 2-1 playing his second game......Edgar Street had one of those shitty cage things for the away fans and CC ran and climbed onto it to join with the fans in shaking it......at this moment you knew this man cared.

That above all else is what  our players lack.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:23:58 »

i fucking hate you reg. i'm jealous.

i'll look forward to some new grounds next season and the chance to play oxford again is one i shall relish. i was pleased to see stanley win the championship today, that'll be a good away trip.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:28:17 »

Quote from: "swindon town dave"
within 10 years were in conference north with derbies against salisbury ad chippenham.

That's just stupid - there's no way we'll ever be in Conference North.

It'd be Conference South.
red macca

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:22:30 »

the area we need to sort out is midfeild..i think we have the back bone of a good team.its just up to whoever is in charge to get the right players...oh and a keeper is our priority evans is to good for swindon
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 13:05:27 »

Without us developing the CG or moving the only way we are going is down. We will not come back up straight away. There will be too much expectation on the players. i can see us struggling in league two.

We need the council on our side to move forward. We all know that isn't going to happen.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: