Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will we come Straight back up?  (Read 3516 times)
Reeves for King

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:06:29 »

Well we are down. Even though I am one of the less gloomy Swindon fans, I can see it.

So the question is will we come back up?

I think we can. We have a squad with potential for League Two, hopefully they will realise it.

At the least I would expect us to be challenging at the top of League Two, and I would expect most Swindon fans to think the same.

It could even be beneficial to us in that a winning team tends to bring the crowds back and gives the team themselves confidence, which has definitely been lacking this season.

Time will tell I suppose.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:08:13 »

No !

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:08:16 »

Nope mid table at best if we keep the same shower of shit players we have now.

/
W56196272
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:11:29 »

Doubt we would. But let's hope we don't shadow Torquay's form.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:11:35 »

different sqaud, impossible to tell...but I doubt it....not many teams in recent years have bounced back at the first attempt. As long as we finish above Oxford...
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:13:03 »

nope, we won't if we have to rebuild. with the same sqaud, maybe if they perform like they should do every week.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:13:07 »

What makes you think we will be challenging next season (serious question)?

Unless something miraculous happens I can only see death by a thousand cuts. Looks at O*ford, Bury, Stockport, etc, etc. They did not come back up and I'd imagine our wage budget will go down again.

But while there is a Town I will be there.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:15:31 »

going down will be a blessing in disguise. the board will piss of, weel get a chairman who cares more about football than horses, weel get that new stadium, play in front of 20,000 crowds every week, andy caton will turn out to be the next  wayne rooney, iffy turns into the next mourinho and within 10 years were in the premiership.

or......

the board stays, little willie stays, we cant afford to pay the rent for our ground and end up sharing with ***ford, because of this attendances will fall, andy caton turns out to be the next eric sabin, iffy onura turns out to be worse than jimmy quin and within 10 years were in conference north with derbies against salisbury ad chippenham.

but hey ho, lok on the bright side.

Things get better but they never get good
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:16:36 »

Quote from: "Batch"
What makes you think we will be challenging next season (serious question)?

Unless something miraculous happens I can only see death by a thousand cuts. Looks at O*ford, Bury, Stockport, etc, etc. They did not come back up and I'd imagine our wage budget will go down again.

But while there is a Town I will be there.

Misplaced optimism Sad

here's the man himself when you need him?
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:17:01 »

Our cup games against League 2 opposition this season have shown it will not be a walk in the park. Wycombe were a class above, we struggled against Boston before eventually losing the replay and we lost 2-1 to Peterborough.

We are down and we will be down there for some considerable time.  Sad

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:19:22 »

our forwards are more than good enough to fire us to promotion.the rest mostly aint good enough
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:20:45 »

Quote from: "DV85"
different sqaud, impossible to tell...but I doubt it....not many teams in recent years have bounced back at the first attempt. As long as we finish above Oxford...

I looked at this the other day...think it was something like 7 teams  out of 24 in the 00's.....one season 3 of the 4 went back up.

Notably Blackpool and Bormuff did it retaining the manager....but they were both quite experienced..

Think its quite important that our fans realise that keeping in the league has to be our short term objective....there are a lot of clubs in L2, better run than us.

There just may be 2 who are in a worse state....possibly Bury and Macclesfield.....which provids some optimism....Torquay sadly have gone, hopfully it'l be Barnet.....don't see much point in them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:20:46 »

whether those forward are actually here is another matter though sadly  Sad
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:22:07 »

Well if we bring in some more experienced players i.e. and experienced centre back, and mix them with some youth players i.e. Caton, Joutieswitz, Stroud, i feel we could definetly compete at the top.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:24:24 »

why, the gap between the two divisions is non-existant....look at the teams who have come up....Swansea, Southend, Scunthorpe and Yeovil....all have done well....where as none of the teams relegated have really done well.

If the players arent good enough for league one, they wont be good enough for league two either because the standard is the same.

The fact we've gone out of 3 cups to league two teams proves this
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: