Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: my reaction  (Read 2685 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:09:17 »

Quote from: "Rich"
Quote from: "Johno"
i have a few points...

1) WHY DO PEOPLE CHANT SACK THE BOARD? you can't sack a board, there the ones that sack others.

yes they can Johno. the board dont own the whole club. if the shareholders wanted them out then they have to go. also i think the creditors have a say in it to somehow but i may be wrong

The Wills family have 70% of the shares so they're the only shareholders who matter and so they pretty much appoint the board.
SwindonStevo

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:12:38 »

its only easy to pick on gurney because gurney makes it easy to pick on him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:13:41 »

Peacock didn't start (and won't for the rest of the season according to an interview with Iffy in the Adver the other day) because he's got a knee injury. Shouldn't be playing at all really, but stepped up to the plate as a "super sub".

Yes, I'd rather have him do the full 90 than McPhee, but as explained above that wasn't an option, so given the other likely alternative, I'd far rather have McPhee than Benjamin.

I groan every time Gurns takes a free kick and the ones today were as wasteful as ever, but aside from that he worked and fought hard today which is what you need when you're down like we are. Shame some of the others couldn't have shown the same spirit - we might not be in the crap we're in. But he should have been swapped round with CCP who just looked lost in midfield.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: