Pages: 1 ... 2078 2079 2080 [2081] 2082 2083 2084 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9009867 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #31200 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:15:56 »

Quite pleased with our signings on paper. Keep them coming
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #31201 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:18:13 »

It looks like a promising start doesn't it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #31202 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:20:26 »

You don’t get many Jerry’s these days, I like it

You can hear the town end chant when he scores already can’t you.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31203 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:22:22 »

Also confirmed as a season long loan https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/jerry-yates-signs-on-loan-from-rotherham/

First-team boss, Richie Wellens said:

“I think Jerry’s got a little bit of everything – he’s got a good trick, he can score goals. He’s high energy and he’s infectious in the way that he plays, and I think other people will follow suit, and he’s hard working.

“He had a loan spell at Carlisle which was very good for him last year – he spent the first ten or twelve games playing wide left which is not his natural position but he showed great character and attitude just to get on with the job.”

Sounds like the plan would be to play him up top.

That echos with a Carlisle comment - Decent signing if you play him down the middle. Bang average as a wide player.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #31204 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:37:13 »

..............McCormick
Reid.  Broadbent Baudry Fryers
              Rose May
Woolery    Doughty   Anderson
                 Yates

This is the side we can seemingly put out as it stands, is that an improvement on last season?
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #31205 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:47:30 »

..............McCormick
              Rose May
                 Yates

This is the side we can seemingly put out as it stands, is that an improvement on last season?
Too many unknowns to make an assessment although, ask the Facebook group and they'll spell out all sorts of doom and gloom for you.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31206 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:48:28 »

First-team boss, Richie Wellens said:

“I think Jerry’s got a little bit of everything – he’s got a good trick, he can score goals. He’s high energy and he’s infectious in the way that he plays, and I think other people will follow suit, and he’s hard working.

Not sure about this, I imagine we could be certain for relegation if he passes this infection onto the rest of the squad!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #31207 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:50:15 »

Too many unknowns to make an assessment although, ask the Facebook group and they'll spell out all sorts of doom and gloom for you.

With the turn over of players at this level its an unknown at the vast majority of clubs, hence why making projections of banana skins and being in relegation trouble after 5 games based upon the grand total of nowt is just attention seeking.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #31208 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:51:45 »

In truth he needs more guts/fight/energy/physicality than that front 6. Expecting at least one ball winning midfield player still and a couple more almost 'old school' forwards that are real units.

Happy with the business and the timely manner everything is being done so far. In Wellens we trust.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #31209 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:53:40 »

..............McCormick
              Rose May
                 Yates

I expect a further 6 signings (2nd choice Goalkeeper/Full Back cover/Midfielder/Centre Forward and 2 Wingers) which will leave the squad stronger and certainly much better balanced than previous 2 seasons. Henry/Romanski/Iandolo and possibly Twine to be loaned out and McGlashan not used, leaving an overall playing squad of 21, excluding the first year pros. If Diagouraga regains fitness that will be a bonus, otherwise squad of 20.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31210 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:54:34 »

In truth he needs more guts/fight/energy/physicality than that front 6. Expecting at least one ball winning midfield player still and a couple more almost 'old school' forwards that are real units.

Happy with the business and the timely manner everything is being done so far. In Wellens we trust.

It could be that a fully fit strong Diagouraga will be that ball winning midfielder?

Agree that Wellens appears to be putting a very decent recruiting plan in place.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #31211 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 11:00:36 »

It could be that a fully fit strong Diagouraga will be that ball winning midfielder?

It could be indeed. Though his love of Carroll or in his place Dunne last season makes me thinks he needs the legs in there. Rose looked decent at it all but May (according to an article with Jackett) needs to do more off the ball and Doughty doesn't really do the work needed. They need someone to do there running i think.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #31212 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 11:03:09 »

That echos with a Carlisle comment - Decent signing if you play him down the middle. Bang average as a wide player.

To be fair Roverum obviously rate him as they recalled him from Carlisle in January....
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #31213 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 11:03:20 »

See Sid has turned down contract at Tranmere. Would like to see him back here. Would give really strong defensive options.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #31214 on: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 11:19:30 »

..............McCormick
              Rose May
                 Yates

Hard to say as haven’t seen any of the new players and responses from previous clubs are so mixed. What is good though is that most of the first team squad is assembled before pre season training so hopefully more time to gel as a team and get a good work ethic set.
Pages: 1 ... 2078 2079 2080 [2081] 2082 2083 2084 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: