Pages: 1 ... 2223 2224 2225 [2226] 2227 2228 2229 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5198078 times)
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #33375 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 13:57:43 »

Most "TV Experts" are now chosen for being a better presenter than the knowledge they hold in a particular field.

I prefer Kevin McCloud. ... his credentials are way beyond Clarke. Plus, he's called Kev so I'll take that

Try Wikipedia-ing before you pass judgement.  You may not fancy George Clarke as much as your outspoken lady friend, but his credentials as a bona fide Architect are impeccable.  His Planning advice might not meet Mr Horlock’s requirements, but that’s why you have Town Planning Consultants to work alongside Architects.

In contrast, Kevin McCloud isn’t an Architect at all - he’s a “Designer”.  His credentials as a Kev are impeccable, though!

I dare say I could knock out your gable end more cheaply than either of them!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33376 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 14:09:32 »

There still are. Struggling to avoid bankruptcy and has told all his crowdfunding investors (speculators?) not to expect their money back. They should probably have put their money in cryptocurrency instead Smiley

Ahh, I didn't realise it was ongoing! Indeed, or at least one of the better ones  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #33377 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 14:15:41 »

Try Wikipedia-ing before you pass judgement.  You may not fancy George Clarke as much as your outspoken lady friend, but his credentials as a bona fide Architect are impeccable.  His Planning advice might not meet Mr Horlock’s requirements, but that’s why you have Town Planning Consultants to work alongside Architects.

In contrast, Kevin McCloud isn’t an Architect at all - he’s a “Designer”.  His credentials as a Kev are impeccable, though!

I wasn't questioning him being an Architect or Designer. We can all qualify in something of course but a qualification alone isn't binary in terms of issues/problems/troubleshooting et al. Maybe it's all for the show but he just appears to love instructing people to knock walls down.

My initial problem wasn't regarding his legitimacy in his field, it was regarding him fighting his natural accent, hence the 'quote'. That is the trivial thing that annoys me.

Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #33378 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 14:22:04 »

I wasn't questioning him being an Architect or Designer. We can all qualify in something of course but a qualification alone isn't binary in terms of issues/problems/troubleshooting et al. Maybe it's all for the show but he just appears to love instructing people to knock walls down.

My initial problem wasn't regarding his legitimacy in his field, it was regarding him fighting his natural accent, hence the 'quote'. That is the trivial thing that annoys me.

Smiley
I’m with you on that one.  OMG I’ve come over all funny.  It can’t last.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #33379 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 14:41:32 »

I’m with you on that one.  OMG I’ve come over all funny.  It can’t last.

If you had control of your cards and glasses, let alone the players then you'd never find yourself in this scenario. Your next FA report is going to start questioning the legitimacy of your ability to Ref!  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33380 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 14:48:29 »

Get a room, guys!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33381 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 14:50:44 »

Get a room, guys!

The forum is changing direction😜

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33382 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 14:54:08 »

The forum is changing direction😜
No, there has always been a homoerotic undercurrent! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33383 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 14:56:05 »

I'm on the wrong site😂

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33384 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 15:02:14 »

You keep your undercurrents to yourself
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #33385 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 15:44:45 »

Your next FA report is going to start questioning the legitimacy of your ability to Ref!  Wink
It wouldn’t be the first time!
It’s feeling as though I might have become a Trivial Thing that Mildly Annoys You! Job done!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 15:46:51 by Geoff the Ref » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #33386 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 15:52:30 »

Apparel printing company. Have seemingly ceased any communication regarding an order, which has 1000 units pending if they can promise me the confidence of their product.

Backstory, they have fucked up the design brief and the test pieces they sent were miles away from any design, alignment etc. This is not me being an awkward customer, Ie not asked for anything difficult to be done. Just want the brief to be as agreed. I have previously been told this will be rectified and resolved asap.

Last correspondence from them was 22nd August (so itś not a BH issue, in terms of response), stating it would be rectified on the Monday (24th). I heard nothing on the Monday so sent an email at the end of play. Heard nothing, received nothing in the post up til Thurs (27th). So sent a slightly firmer chase email, asking them if all was ok production end and for them to respond asap to let me know what was happening. Again, have heard nothing, but left it until today due to the BH.

If they can fulfil the design brief, that's fine but just say so or at least try and source a client that can, or I will myself. I'm fairly reasonable and willing to work with them to resolve whatever the problem is but that has to work both ways.

I'm considering just buying my own small batch production gear and doing it all myself. If there's a gap in the market then I'll jump at it.

You'll never guess where they are based  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #33387 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 15:54:04 »

It wouldn’t be the first time!
It’s feeling as though I might have become a Trivial Thing that Mildly Annoys You! Job done!

And as accommodating I am, you can keep well away from my gable end, no matter how cheap you are! 

'Incessant Nonsense'

Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #33388 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 16:00:26 »

Bad drivers that don’t apologise. It’s one thing being cut up or some dosey idiot pulling out on you. However, when they kick off at you when you point out their error. I use the wanker sign to draw their attention to the error  but then to get it back in return is not ok.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #33389 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 16:23:56 »

Bad drivers that don’t apologise. It’s one thing being cut up or some dosey idiot pulling out on you. However, when they kick off at you when you point out their error. I use the wanker sign to draw their attention to the error  but then to get it back in return is not ok.

To be fair, you call someone a wanker, are you really expecting good grace and a hand-signalled apology? Think you need to lower your expectations.

Fucking great big lorry decided they weren’t going to let me merge lanes today (in a designated merging section), potentially pushing me out into oncoming traffic. Fortunately this gave me a good view of the blockage in the road up ahead so was able to turn around and go a different way, while cunty-bollocks got to sit in the traffic.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 2223 2224 2225 [2226] 2227 2228 2229 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: