Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trains, Parking and Pubs  (Read 991 times)
DantySFC

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 07:17:21 »

Apologies Admin if this is in the wrong place.

Looking forward to our first ever league game and hope you all enjoy your short stay in Hertfordshire. I was there back in the day, in the rain so thought you would like to know its snowed overnight!! (nothing major)

For Sat Navers:

Around the ground

Our Mutual Friend: SG2 8EH (0.3m <10mins)
at least 8 Real Ales, limited food (Rolls, Pies Crisps)
Roebuck Inn:  SG2 8DS (0.5m <15mins)
Small Hotel Bar
Old Forge (Toby Carvery): SG2 8DT (0.5m <15mins)

From the Train Station

Old Town: SG1 1PF (2.2m from ground 25mins)
10 + pubs including Weatherspoons

Town Centre: SG1 1BP (1.4m from ground 15/20m)
Weatherspoons and Hogshead

Leisure Park: SG1 2UA (1.4m from ground 15/20m)
Frankie & Bennies, Chiquitos, KFC, McD's Nando's

From the train Station:

You can either turn right on the footbridge and you are in the Leisure Park (unless you want a feed don't bother) or left and you are in the Town Centre. My suggestion would be grab a cab to the OMF.

There are no pubs on the way other than the aforementioned, but you do pass an Asda if you want a few cans - walking 20 mins well signposted.

Driving:

There is a large free Car Park opposite the ground call Fairland Valley Show ground, its signposted as soon as you leave the A1 on jnct7. I would suggest park up and head for the Mutual - 10 mins walk. if you decide to drive straight to the Mutual and are early they will have no problem you leaving your vehicle in the car park, but it's limited space.
There is a retail park opposite the ground, Burger King, Pizza Hut and Harvester.  The rule of thumb is ‘don’t park there during match time’ but I have heard many do and have no problems.  There are signs stating you will be clamped!

The Club house is open to away fans and whilst it was home only for selected games, I have heard nothing suggesting this for Saturday.  I will re-post if its closed (shite Carlsberg only on draft)

OMF is the most popular for footy fans. Plastic glasses I'm afraid but great Ale, at least 8, limited food available and OB will make a friendly appearance every so often. Away fans are very welcome and it's normally a good friendly atmosphere.

What can you expect:

Our away end holds 1350 odd and creates a great atmosphere.  Our home end (Terrace) has shite acoustics and can seem we are very quite.
Enjoy your visit

COYB
 Too Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: