Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No!  (Read 17179 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:31:59 »

After Greergate I wouldn't laugh at any bid.

But Bournemouth. Really. I think not.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:35:52 »

It will come down to what Richie wants. If he could earn more whilst living closer to home it might tempt him.
Hopefully he wants to be part of something here as he is a quality footballer

Hopefully it won't come down to what Richie wants (if he wants to go) as he's under contract but i realise i'm being hopelessly naive.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:35:52 »

This is what really irritates me about being in this division.  On paper, of course a move to Bournemouth would be a step up.  But in our hearts, the reverse feels true.

We need to get out of this division...and I hope (and expect) that MR will be a part of that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:36:25 »

He deserves better than Boremuff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:38:26 »

I'd like to think that this time next year we'll be comfortably higher up the league than them, just hope Ritchie thinks the same...
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:50:41 »

Bournemouth echo just tweeted this:

#afcb understood to be close to signing #swindontownfc midfielder Matt Ritchie. Club hoping to complete deal ahead of loan window closing.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:50:56 »

Our home crowds are averaging more than 40% higher than theirs (7,986 to their 5,597) in a lower division...which gives you some idea as to the longer term potential of the two clubs.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:55:21 »

Bournemouth echo just tweeted this:

Hmmm it's a little concerning isn't it.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:55:45 »

They have just signed Charlie Daniels for about 200k, Ritchie is alot alot better than him too, And Daniels can play left wing, so lets hope this doesnt come to fruition
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:56:11 »

Hmmm it's a little concerning isn't it.

More than a little. I don't believe that we'd accept it for a second, nor do I believe Bournemouth is an attractive enough move for Ritchie to kick off, but I'll be fucking happy when it reaches midnight without any further news anyway.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:59:42 »

New tweet from Bournemouth Echo, basically what we've been told but a bit more reassuring nonetheless.

Swindon Advertiser reporting #swindontownfc are set to reject #afcb bid for Ritchie. Said to be six figures but falls short of valuation.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 10:59:51 »

More than a little. I don't believe that we'd accept it for a second, nor do I believe Bournemouth is an attractive enough move for Ritchie to kick off, but I'll be fucking happy when it reaches midnight without any further news anyway.

This should only happen if Ritchie hands in a request and Bournemouth match our valuation.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 11:02:23 »

Its not even a good career move if it hapens, He knows that plenty of Championship scouts and Managers have been to the CG to scout him, why choose Bournemouth when he is wanted by Championship clubs
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 11:08:11 »

As above....their chairman was wandering around the pitch, pissed up, abusing the fans but a few weeks ago (he may have left by now, I dont follow these things that closely), they are 16th in league one ffs...

however, those dicks shouting abuse at him at the wombles may have the last laugh afterall...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 11:12:54 »

The 'proximity to home' argument isn't particularly strong either.  Tempting to think that Bournemouth and Portsmouth are very close because they're both on the south coast...when in fact they're not really that close at all.  From Google Maps...

Swindon-Portsmouth
85 miles
95 minutes

Bournemouth-Portsmouth
52 miles
60 minutes

So not really significant.

I really should stop avoiding my next project.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: