Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Conditional Agreement" this morning...  (Read 53382 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:08:00 »

Surely we're not expecting this to drag on all week?  This should not effect Saturday's match.
red macca

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:09:51 »

So is it likely to be sorted today ?
lambourn red

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:10:17 »

Quote from: "red macca"
The fact that Andy supports Bristol city has fuck all to do with what he writes . He does a interview they tell him what is happening and he tries to update people straight away.

Like Sunday night when Fitton rang him at 10pm and said the deal is off and then rang him back at 11pm to say the deal is back on , he guessed and was then put straight.I dont blame Andy Cryer he is only doing his job and at least he has challenged the existing board but I really think people need to get a grip when he posts articles like this mornings , I think wokingham red is nearer the mark but that would not have made such a commotion.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:12:49 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
Absolutely.  Commercial rigour is what this club needs before anything else.  Madejski brought that to Reading, and I really hope Fitton is going to do the same for us.

definitley.

If Fitton can do to us what Madejski did/is doing with Reading i'll be extremely happy.

Run_the_bath

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:22:17 »

Quote from: Barry Scott
but as i read, they were loosing £100k per month in the Championship.

yeh i remember reading that aswell, but by getting into the premiership it turned out to be a pittance!
Barry Scott

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:23:54 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
Absolutely.  Commercial rigour is what this club needs before anything else.  Madejski brought that to Reading, and I really hope Fitton is going to do the same for us.

definitley.

If Fitton can do to us what Madejski did/is doing with Reading i'll be extremely happy.

Certainly they gained more income, but they were not a particularly well run club. Before they dragged their Mockney arses into the prem, they were losing £100k per month.
Barry Scott

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:26:00 »

That looks ace. :--
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:28:04 »

If the owners of a company can afford to lose that amount per month then there's no problem, they're still managing the club well.  It's when they can't afford to lose £100k it becomes a problem.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:32:52 »

Sombebody on this is posted that it is all quite normal for this "conditional agreement" thingy.

I don't usually pay much attention to them on there but what he says makes sense.
hmparkin

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:33:14 »

I told myself I wasn't going to check the adver site again until 11am. Ah well, half ten's not bad I suppose. I can't concentrate...
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:34:33 »

The conditional agreement will be conditional on the current board getting paid for shares etc etc. It's just another stage. Don't worry!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:36:34 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
It's not Cryer's job to promote the football club.  If he gets wind of a problem it's his job to report it as such.  It's not unthinkable that the deal swang from being completely on to being all but off and back again in a few hours.  With it being so close either way I'm sure it did go like that

Absolutely Rob. All Andy Cryer's doing is reporting the facts as he gets them. If Wray or Fitton speaks to him and says "yes, it's all going ahead" then he's going to report it isn't he? And in fact we'd complain if he didn't. Similarly if certain individuals then seemingly put a spanner in the works, that doesn't make Andy Cryer a doom merchant if he reports that. It's not his or the Adver's fault that the reporting has swung from one way to another - that's because the story has. This thing's been off and on more often than a whore's knickers over the past week.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:37:24 »

Quote from: "red macca"
So is it likely to be sorted today ?

What he said! Is it? Does anyone have a grasp on what the hell is going on? There is so little information in the most recent Adver article. The only thing that has changed from the earlier piece, or what was said on Radio Wilts this morning, is the addition of the word "conditional". If that's worth a new story there must be some substance behind it, no?

Why won't these bastards just fuck off?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:40:15 »

This is gonna happen. I feel quite relaxed about it now. At midday we should have confirmation of some sort of contract signing. Beers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:41:30 »

They can't even fucking leave properly. Is there anything these idiots can't cock up?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: