Pages: 1 ... 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1226003 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6930 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 13:08:11 »

The amount of COVID cases in hospitals in scary. The staff are completely over worked. It’s winter, staff also have to deal with the day to day stuff, the emergencies...

Not sure how much more the country can be locked down.

There are still loads of cars on the road, people in shops. You can’t police it properly, and some people are just being so selfish. People can’t realise what a big problem we are in. It’s bigger and a lot worse than people think. The figures are only part of it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6931 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 13:11:41 »

Anecdotally based on our local primary, but there seem to be a hell of a lot of "keyworker" and "vulnerable" children still going to school. Kind of defeats the object of closing schools.

Some press reporting over 50% attendance in some schools.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6932 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 13:12:07 »

The amount of COVID cases in hospitals in scary. The staff are completely over worked. It’s winter, staff also have to deal with the day to day stuff, the emergencies...

Not sure how much more the country can be locked down.

There are still loads of cars on the road, people in shops. You can’t police it properly, and some people are just being so selfish. People can’t realise what a big problem we are in. It’s bigger and a lot worse than people think. The figures are only part of it.

I guess all they can do is try to tighten up the lock down lie the first one when there were very few cars on the roads during the daytime but now it's like a bank holiday with cars everywhere

So, give no fucks
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #6933 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 13:28:53 »

DfE have widened the definition of keyworker and told schools they cannot refuse to take anyone (which many have). Otherwise you’re going to need more staff in school, and the concept of ‘working from home if you can’ goes out the window.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6934 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:11:56 »

85 out of 300 in at Mrs B school

DfE were shit at conveying the wider definition of key worker on time, as per normal
Panda Paws

« Reply #6935 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:28:15 »

They've also included vulnerable kids, and expanded vulnerable to mean any child without access to the hardware or data connection they need to be e-learning.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #6936 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:33:37 »

Anecdotally based on our local primary, but there seem to be a hell of a lot of "keyworker" and "vulnerable" children still going to school. Kind of defeats the object of closing schools.

Some press reporting over 50% attendance in some schools.

Yep. Basically any parent that cannot work from home. Also only has to be one key worker.

I won’t be sending my kids in, it is too risky with this new variant.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #6937 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:46:46 »

The wife and I could claim to be keyworkers because we're in financial services. We had a brief thought about sending the kids to school, but then realised that would be fucking daft.

There will be genuine reasons for kids still going into schools, but I think a lot of parents have pulled whatever cards they can to get the kids out of the house and back into school to avoid home schooling.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #6938 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:57:54 »

More pupils in school, means more staff in school which in turn means more risk of possible transmission.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6939 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 17:21:02 »

My youngest has been online since August.  We had the option to send him back several times and have declined.   He's actually doing better than when he went to school as he now has my wife as a sort of Teaching Assistant barking at him to knuckle down.  I imagine it's terrible for some though, but no chance I'd have him confined to a room all day with a bunch of other kids, having no idea just how seriously their families are taking things.
Barry Scott

« Reply #6940 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:33:26 »

Just got my result through: positive.

As things stand I’m ok with it. I’m 6 days in, feel rough, but not terrible. More than a cold, less than death. Still working where concentration and fatigue permit.

In case anyone cares, these are my symptoms: Slightly wheezy, chest and throat feel like I’ve smoked a few menthol fags and done hard exercise. Achy eyes, head ache, seriously blocked nose (which is the worst symptom - it’s like my nose is filled with cement), fatigue, occasional coughing and a normal temperature.

Safe to say so far I’m quite lucky. Oh and no taste or smell (even when nose is clear). Funny how quickly you adapt and start to only enjoy texture and tempature. Might be easy to lose a few pounds, which is nice.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6941 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:38:02 »

Just got my result through: positive.

As things stand I’m ok with it. I’m 6 days in, feel rough, but not terrible. More than a cold, less than death. Still working where concentration and fatigue permit.

In case anyone cares, these are my symptoms: Slightly wheezy, chest and throat feel like I’ve smoked a few menthol fags and done hard exercise. Achy eyes, head ache, seriously blocked nose (which is the worst symptom - it’s like my nose is filled with cement), fatigue, occasional coughing and a normal temperature.

Safe to say so far I’m quite lucky. Oh and no taste or smell (even when nose is clear). Funny how quickly you adapt and start to only enjoy texture and tempature. Might be easy to lose a few pounds, which is nice.

You would hope all posters on here are interested and wish you a speedy recovery so after you receive the results do you have to treat it like the Flu with pain relief and ensure that you get plenty of rest & fluids inside you

So, give no fucks
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #6942 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:42:56 »

Get well soon Bazza. Hopefully you're over the worst of it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #6943 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:33:55 »

Best wishes Bazza.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6944 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:58:15 »

all the best bazza
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: