Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21474 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 08:50:13 »

Williams has completely turned things around. I mentioned it in another thread, he had limited involvement up until Cooper left and our form since then has been excellent, all with a team that has pretty regularly included Brad Barry and Anton Rodgers along with a few other players labelled as complete dross on this forum (although to be fair, I've also read on here that Ajose is shit).

After the Fleetwood game, several on here were claiming that relegation was not only a certainty, but also likely to happen next season as well!!!!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 10:12:59 »

I was thinking recently that it must be rare to have a first team manager, assistant and goalkeeping coach with zero professional games between them?

Luke Williams is (probably) our first permanent manager without a professional football appearance since Sam Allen, which is a crazy thought (I have no idea what Fabrizio Piccaretta did before coaching so it could include caretakers too).

They're doing a good job, long may it continue.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 29, 2016, 10:17:38 by Costanza » Logged
ferret

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #137 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 11:06:07 »

Glad someone else sees something in Balmy. Very tricky going forward but yeah, shocking defencively. Like Barry in a more advanced role.

I think having Balmy and Rodgers on together when defending a slim lead should be avoided unless absolutely essential. Luckily it didn't matter this time.
Panda Paws

« Reply #138 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 15:39:22 »

Thought I'd check out Statto to see where we'd be in the table since Cooper left, Ling appointed and Ling left... 7th, 4th and 4th. Williams doing a damn fine job, absolutely no doubt about it.

Source: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2015-2016/between-dates
REDBUCK

« Reply #139 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 16:03:58 »

what a shame, that 4 month fall out and Coopers stubonness has wasted this season
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 16:42:34 »

And all of the injuries as well.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2016, 14:57:46 »

After the Fleetwood game, several on here were claiming that relegation was not only a certainty, but also likely to happen next season as well!!!!

In fairness, the handful of us that were there witnessed some of the worst dross served up by a Swindon side since Prutton (dis)graced the shirt.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2016, 15:20:17 »

In fairness, the handful of us that were there witnessed some of the worst dross served up by a Swindon side since Prutton (dis)graced the shirt.

There's being a bit miffed. There's thinking "shit, we might go down". Then there's going "SUCCESSIVE RELEGATIONS ARE INEVITABLE"

The first two are pretty reasonable trails of thought.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: