Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town v Grimsby thread  (Read 21503 times)
mr ian

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, October 14, 2006, 17:16:21 »

i thought are performance today was average ,we didnt really pass the ball well but we did get the result.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, October 14, 2006, 17:16:36 »

Great win today. am chuffed with that result. we needed it big time. Sad to see Brez go off and i thought Ady Williams did a great job in goal towards the end. new lad looks pretty good too
Northern Red

« Reply #167 on: Saturday, October 14, 2006, 17:19:19 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "mr ian"
Quote from: "Northern Red"
Ade Williams

"England's No.1, England, England's Number One"

Cool

u twat like half of the town  end  

I had to laugh when the Town End were singing that and then changed to "Wales' Number 1!"

Ha-Ha, We didn't hear them change to Wales Number One on the radio

Cheesy
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, October 14, 2006, 19:06:19 »

i thought are performance today was average ,we didnt really pass the ball well but we did get the result.

Fuck me!! What do you want? We won 3.0, with no goalkeeper for the last 20 minutes! We're in Division 4, what do you expect, Brazil?

I thought the performance today was very, very encouraging.

It's All Good..............
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, October 14, 2006, 19:12:45 »

I liked it when Poyet was having it out with the Grimsby bench  Cheesy
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, October 14, 2006, 19:23:32 »

It's 'our' not 'are'. Just thought I'd let you know...............

It's All Good..............
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, October 14, 2006, 19:43:12 »

today was one of the most convincing performances so far this season. They didn't really threat going forward, and didnt shoot when williams was in goal, which didn't help their cause.

I thought that new bloke did ok when he came on. looked lively an all that.

Paul evans must of been playing in a michale pook outfit. that guys class at the moment.

liked it when tht TE were sing "referees a wanker", and then his name appeared on the scoreboard. nice one

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, October 14, 2006, 22:37:29 »

Good to hear we won, and no matter how well or badly we played, I think any team would have taken a 3-0 win over Grimsby today.

And Thorpe didnt score  Wink
Spencer_White

« Reply #173 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 08:23:38 »

I thought the overall intensity of our play was much better. First time since Wycombe that weve really played at our best for a whole game. Thats what Wise has to instill, focus and effort for 90 minutes without exception.

I had a good feeling before the game, just a shame the performances had to dip before it brought the best out of the players. Got to get those 1500 odd casual fans back now.

And as R4E says, it was a relief to see that Thorpe is still moping about, getting no end product.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 10:44:51 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

I had a good feeling before the game, just a shame the performances had to dip before it brought the best out of the players. Got to get those 1500 odd casual fans back now.

I was pleased we only flaked off around 500, rather than the anticipated 1000......but to be getting a smaller crowd than the scum, who aren't even a league club....just shows the depths to which the current off field management have taken us.

The Lincoln fixture is looming, and will produce a decent crowd, as Lincoln have the biggest away following for this season, haven't been here for years, have just about the best away record in the land, and have some right nutters. I'd expect them to fill the Arkell's bit. Maybe even get the Bamk open.
Spencer_White

« Reply #175 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 11:06:32 »

And Hereford, which should be an attractive fixture. So hopefully 2 good gates comming up. As for the current off field management, lets hope that the team play well. Because they have absolutely zero ideas about how to boost attendances otherwise. Which is great, its exactly what you'd expect from a company that calls itself 'sports management' (!).

Best not to talk about the scum attendances. Although I did notice that Dagenham are only 2 points off them now.
DMR

« Reply #176 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 11:14:05 »

Looked very impressive yesterday, we bossed every area of the pitch for 96 minutes and looked so solid I actually believed one goal as enough, which made finally putting 3 away extra pleasing. 3 good goals too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 11:28:50 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

Best not to talk about the scum attendances. Although I did notice that Dagenham are only 2 points off them now.

Why not......some of our part time fans need to take a good look at themselves....there's always an excuse, whether it be living on the other side of the world, or mincing round in Brighton taking arty photos.
sonic youth

« Reply #178 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 11:57:28 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
or mincing round in Brighton taking arty photos.

I had a valid reason for being down there yesterday although I can't deny that I was properly mincing down the seafront.

Saw the goals on T'Championship earlier, it's nice to see that we're able to finish properly at last. All three goals were well taken, although Pooky's was a little fortunate as Monky fluffed his shot slightly.
red macca

« Reply #179 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 15:26:04 »

anyone know where i can get the stats on yesterdays match?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: