Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread 2013  (Read 139032 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 13:54:56 »

Clarke doesn't review an lbw decison on KP...only to be told from the dressing room the ball was hitting and would've been given out.

Watson, who was bowling and wanted a review, is not a happy bunny.

That is really going to help their strained relationship.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 16:46:07 »

Still yet to be convinced about Bairstow.

BAZINGA !!

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 17:07:11 »

Gives his wicket away far too cheaply too often for me
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 20:43:17 »

Good innings from Pietersen today, enjoyed the two consecutive sixes from Lyon. We gave a few wickets away at unfortunate times but we're not a million miles behind, gotta remember that Haddin & Starc had a merry old thrash to inflate their score. Hopefully our last four can add some and avoid the follow on.

The weather forecast for Sunday and Monday is pretty poor so we should have a draw as the most likely result. Would be a shame to win the Ashes like that but I think I'd get over it.
fatbasher

« Reply #634 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 20:45:42 »

Good innings from Pietersen today, enjoyed the two consecutive sixes from Lyon. We gave a few wickets away at unfortunate times but we're not a million miles behind, gotta remember that Haddin & Starc had a merry old thrash to inflate their score. Hopefully our last four can add some and avoid the follow on.

The weather forecast for Sunday and Monday is pretty poor so we should have a draw as the most likely result. Would be a shame to win the Ashes like that but I think I'd get over it.

Whatever happens at OT there are two more tests to hammer them and drive home our superiority.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 20:52:04 »

Whatever happens at OT there are two more tests to hammer them and drive home our superiority.

Sure we do, I just don't get to see four days of those two in person!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 10:33:09 »

I think some of stick Bairstow has got has been unfair.

His problem has been he has spent too much time in the winter just gone and this summer so far carrying drinks.

In the winter he didnt play in any of the 20/20 or one dayers or the warm up games in NZ and was then asked to come into a test on the back of not having held a bat since the 2nd in India which was around 3 months back.

Same kind of issue this summer really, he made a terrific 150 for Yorkshire and that would have been the time for him to have been playing for England but instead he spent 5 weeks in the Champ trophy squad not playing and then is put in the ashes team when he hasnt held a bat in anger for a while.

While generally most players have been handled well, I think Bairstow could have been dealt with better.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 10:56:02 »

Enjoyed my day at Old Trafford Friday...great weather compared to what I expected/what the forecast said! Shame the Aussies made 500+, the last stand between Haddin/Starc was close to 100...England came out very negatively with 2 and a bit hours of play left so no surprise Joe Root got out. Had 3 fights in the stand I was in between England/Aussies... and compared to Trent Bridge more people were pissed up early in the afternoon than just before the end!

As for yesterday, KP batted extremely well, looks like we lost wickets at crucial times again....Harris bowling really well though, should be a draw though!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 14:29:34 »

Michael Clarke justs makes himself popular with another one of his team mates, but getting them run out.

BAZINGA !!

Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 14:34:27 »

It's raining.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 16:29:42 »

It's pissing down at OT, no chance of any more today. Going tomorrow too, probably will be no play but if it is, we retain.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 10:41:54 »

Terrible review from Cook there... and a shocking start.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 10:44:30 »

Terrible review from Cook there... and a shocking start.
don't panic, there's no way we'll get much play today:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/old-trafford-lancashire-ccc#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1375653600
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:09:26 »

Don't speak too soon, looking out of the office window inthe middle of Manchester at the moment and we have some blue sky and sun!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:14:57 »

Don't speak too soon, looking out of the office window inthe middle of Manchester at the moment and we have some blue sky and sun!

There appears to be a whole heap of wet stuff heading in Manchester's direction. Give it an hour or two:

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: