Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread 2013  (Read 139056 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 15:06:18 »

71 to get from 25 overs with 8 in hand. Should be safe from here and this really is the value of Trott, he looks an absolute oasis of calm out there and that must help Joe Root who is also going along nicely
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 18:48:56 »

England roll home by 7 wickets, great knock from Jonathan Trott (80odd*) to get us over the line! I didn't think we'd escape the group after being beaten by NZ in the first 2 ODI's against them...fair play to the bowlers they've been working as a unit over the past couple of games after the Sri Lanka mauling and they did the damage early on!

Got my Sunday afternoon sorted now, Come on England...bring on India or Sri Lanka!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
skay

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 21:31:53 »

Thought Tredwell was superb again today, unlucky to not have another couple. Economically a sound bowler.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 11:17:28 »

Someone give Mickey Arthur a drug test...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22982588

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 11:21:27 »

I think the lack of a quality spinner would suggest they dont have 'the best all round bowling attack in the world'. 

Clearly whichever spinner they have will now take 10 in the first innings.

Never knowingly overstated.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 11:25:52 »

Loving some of the comments :

"England could crack"... that's rich coming from a Saffa!

Hence the expression:

"You're taking the Mickey, Arthur."

is the Aus calendar different to ours? not April 1st down there is it??

In depth bowling attack?!?! Is this why you pushing ahead with the Citizenship Act that was passed through both Houses of the Commonwealth Parliament in Australia to get Ahmed within the bowling attack. Hmmmm

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 14:16:44 »

Also saw in an interview with Ryan Harris on Sky Sports News having a pop at Michael Vaughan for all of his twitter remarks...seems to be like they're well and truely rattled! Don't recall England having too many pops at Glenn McGrath when he kept predicting 5-0 all the time...nice to have the shoe on the other foot for a change!

India need 182 to beat Sri Lanka in the 2nd CT SF today.

#VivaKenBarlow!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 20:22:09 »

England /India final then
Have to say India by far the best team have seen in the tournement
Their fielding has come on dramatically and they are always a force with the bat
Nothing like the team that that played here last

Tough one  to call - if it swings we may keep the score down otherwise  Doh
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #173 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 20:25:42 »

The best two bowling attacks in the world have to be South Africa and England with Pakistan not far behind. The Aussies for me would be on a par with New Zealand and India from what I've seen over the past 18 months.

I'm pretty sure Tremlett, Onions, Bresnan and Panesar is a better back up unit than the Aussies can muster also.

Australia are insufferable cunts when it comes to cricket, for 16 years they had us by the nutsack and squeezed harder and harder and we hardly complained. Now we are doing the squeezing and they mew like frightened trees...
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 20:33:05 »

The best two bowling attacks in the world have to be South Africa and England with Pakistan not far behind.

Agreed
SA have been unlucky with injuries during the CT13
Losing Morkel was bad enough but Steyn in the last game too - ouch
Pakistan were one of my tips to win the tourney but didnt win a single game  Bad Mood

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 21:03:48 »

The best two bowling attacks in the world have to be South Africa and England with Pakistan not far behind. The Aussies for me would be on a par with New Zealand and India from what I've seen over the past 18 months.

I'm pretty sure Tremlett, Onions, Bresnan and Panesar is a better back up unit than the Aussies can muster also.

Australia are insufferable cunts when it comes to cricket, for 16 years they had us by the nutsack and squeezed harder and harder and we hardly complained. Now we are doing the squeezing and they mew like frightened trees...

No-one whinges like an Aussie.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 09:06:53 »

Final today and its going to rain probably all day and there's no reserve day.

In a rain reduced match we are a bit fucked as our team is very much set up for the full 50 overs- if we get a T20 in then India have to be heavy favourites
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 09:14:57 »

Great toss to win. Really puts us in the driving seat and able to change our order according to the rain situation, which will be a lot clearer this afternoon.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 09:23:19 »

But at the same time the fact that we've had the toss at all means we can't change the sides. If it's 20/25 overs I don't much fancy Cook/Bell/Trott/Root vs Dhawan/Sharma/Kohli/Raina
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 10:09:11 »

Rain all day in Birmingham, such a shame there's not a reserve day and the trophey will be 'shared'!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: