Pages: 1 ... 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2046328 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #8115 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 20:07:59 »

Surely it is a fair question though? Large organisations have previously said they have contingency plans in place if Labour get in which basically means ways of avoiding paying the new taxes. So if they don’t get the additional income from the taxes where will the money come from?

It would be a fair question, except I'm talking about social media fodder here. Many genuinely seem to think the plan is to magic the money out of thin air. Which is not the plan.

The real plan may or may not be flawed, but the magic money tree is not their plan as many would have you believe.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #8116 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 08:41:42 »

I don’t understand.

Corbyn has come out and said he will be neutral regarding Brexit. How can he? If he wins the GE he said he will negotiate a new deal with the EU which will then have to be voted on in the Commons.

Will he not vote for his own deal?
I didn't watch it so sorry if I get it wrong, but my understanding from what I have read is that he said he would be negotiating with the EU for a deal (that he would obviously vote for in a Commons vote), and then put it to the people for a confirmatory vote with an option to remain as well. He said he would be neutral in the referendum campaigning. I don't see any problem with that.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #8117 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 08:52:25 »

The labour position is utterly ridiculous.

They want to get a new deal but will not say whether they will campaign for it or to remain in a 2nd ref.

Any new deal they get would be awful, as the EU would have no incentive whatsoever to give them anything when they could campaign to remain.

Corbyns position is a farce- all the other leaders are at least clear in their brexit view.

Your argument is utterly nonsense. The EU will have more incentive to deal with Labour, who will try to negotiate reasonably, unlike the Tories who went in with ridiculous demands under the arrogant impression that "they need us more than we need them" and completely fucked it up. If Labour then campaign to remain (and we end up remaining) they will do so with the backing of the EU, who want us to remain.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8118 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 08:52:48 »

It just smacks of a lack of leadership - or ducking the issue altogether.

Come on, the major political issue of a lifetime and he hasn’t got an opinion?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #8119 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 08:57:35 »

He didn't say he doesn't have an opinion, just that would not express it in the referendum campaigning, ie the people would be left to decide for themselves.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8120 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 09:04:08 »

He didn't say he doesn't have an opinion, just that would not express it in the referendum campaigning, ie the people would be left to decide for themselves.

They already did.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #8121 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 09:12:14 »

They already did.

What did they vote for? To leave the European Union yes? How? A no deal Brexit? Cut all ties? Throw out anyone from Europe that lives here? Tell me
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8122 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 09:12:32 »

Surely it is a fair question though? Large organisations have previously said they have contingency plans in place if Labour get in which basically means ways of avoiding paying the new taxes. So if they don’t get the additional income from the taxes where will the money come from?
Seem to remember Cornflake saying that he  would heavily increase taxes on Google & Amazon,,   that's laughable,  they have paid virtually nothing for several years  so how will they change that ?.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8123 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 09:14:17 »

What did they vote for? To leave the European Union yes? How? A no deal Brexit? Cut all ties? Throw out anyone from Europe that lives here? Tell me
Exactly,    the vote was to leave Brexit, there was no small print about HOW we leave Brexit.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #8124 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 09:24:30 »

Forget it.....you'll end up going around in circles.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #8125 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 09:27:56 »

Exactly,    the vote was to leave Brexit, there was no small print about HOW we leave Brexit.
.......which is what a 2nd referendum would settle. And, of course, with remain as an option as well we would find out if "the will of the people" is still the will of the people.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8126 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 09:30:34 »

What? We're even leaving Brexit now?  Eek

Well if it's "the will of the people"TM CCHQ

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #8127 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 09:47:20 »

What? We're even leaving Brexit now?
If only.....
REDBUCK

« Reply #8128 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 10:18:03 »

.......which is what a 2nd referendum would settle. And, of course, with remain as an option as well we would find out if "the will of the people" is still the will of the people.

Which it wont of course, given the vitriol thus far. How is the 'bringing the country together' going by the way with those nasty billionaries and feckless high earners

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #8129 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 11:09:23 »

So all those nurses and doctors need to go back to their own countries?
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: