Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Airplane Gestures Official Thread  (Read 61949 times)
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #540 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 16:31:14 »

Wilson was well backed by the board in the summer, He could have bought an experienced centre back but chose to buy Caddis and Ferry instead, He never replaced the players he should have and it's all down to him, He should be sacked in my opinion as he has no-one to blame but himself, Why back him again in January? He has already made big mistakes, I'd rather we gave someone else money to spend.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 16:49:15 »

Wilson was well backed by the board in the summer, He could have bought an experienced centre back but chose to buy Caddis and Ferry instead, He never replaced the players he should have and it's all down to him, He should be sacked in my opinion as he has no-one to blame but himself, Why back him again in January? He has already made big mistakes, I'd rather we gave someone else money to spend.

Wilson was well backed by the board in the summer - proof? All I saw was ess than 400k or whatever it was for multiple players?

He could have bought an experienced centre back but chose to buy Caddis and Ferry instead - Wilson went on record at the time to say they were looking for an experienced centre back, but were struggling to find one. Totally contradictory to what you have said here. You have no proof to suggest that Danny found a "Gordon Greer" but decided not to sign him...

Why back him again in January? - Oh where do I start on this one...
1) Saved us from relegation in 08/09, guided us to Wembley in 09/10
2) January transfer window opens in just over 3 weeks and closes in about 7 weeks. Does that honestly seem like a descent timescale for the board to appoint a new manager, and for that manager to deal in the transfer market effectively? It took 6 weeks alone last time for the board to find our current manager
3) Even if we did get a new manager, we're not relegation fodder, but can't see a new manager guiding us to Wembley without new blood at the moment, so what good would bringing someone in at this time do? Would it not be more prudent to wait till after the Jan window, confirm nothing happened and then stick budgie in charge temporarily while you look for someone, and regroup for next year?
4) Fuck it, i don't care any more... sack everyone!  Smug Fuck Off
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 16:59:05 by luckyluke699 » Logged
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 17:17:56 »

On a more amusing note, my boss put money on Crawley to win last night and was disappointed today as he thought we had drawn 2-2...I  regrettably pointed out that we had in fact, managed to lose so excitedly he dashed off to check his Betfair (he got about 27-1 for Crawley to win when they were 2-1 down).  According to the betting terms, the bet is only valid for injury time and not extra time and penalties. Sucker!
Spencer_White

« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 17:59:37 »

I dont think Caddis or Ferry are mistakes. The problem is we didnt buy players in the areas we needed them most.

Yes, a centre back would have been better, but if we were ever going to make Morrison into a Football League player, this was the season he had to step up.

I think they sit down and discuss every signing and make sure its part of the philosophy of the club. The only real clanger weve had is Alan O'Brien.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:22:22 »

The only real clanger weve had is Alan O'Brien.
and Rose - how the fuck was he going to shore up the defence. Great free kicks, good delivery at times and a good throw in but defensively absolutely bollox.
Spencer_White

« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:24:49 »

and Rose - how the fuck was he going to shore up the defence. Great free kicks, good delivery at times and a good throw in but defensively absolutely bollox.

He's not great, inconsistant and too soft. But he has managed to keep Sheehan out of the team. How I dont really know, because Sheehan is by far the better player. But not a total failure.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:26:11 »

Wouldn't mind seeing Rose on the left wing. I agree he always looks shaky defensively, but good lord he can cross a ball and take set pieces- I don't quite understand why he's the one at the back when Sheehan has been on the pitch with him.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:36:30 »

I dont think Caddis or Ferry are mistakes. The problem is we didnt buy players in the areas we needed them most.

Yes, a centre back would have been better, but if we were ever going to make Morrison into a Football League player, this was the season he had to step up.

I think they sit down and discuss every signing and make sure its part of the philosophy of the club. The only real clanger weve had is Alan O'Brien.
I like the bloke, but surely Vincent goes down as a 'clanger'?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:38:12 »

Wouldn't mind seeing Rose on the left wing. I agree he always looks shaky defensively, but good lord he can cross a ball and take set pieces- I don't quite understand why he's the one at the back when Sheehan has been on the pitch with him.
I'm not sure where Sheehan was playing last night, the amount of space they had on the right hand side was very alarming, and was how the winning goal came around. Would like to see Rose left midfield but Ritchie can't really be dropped.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:38:46 »

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:42:01 »

I'm not sure where Sheehan was playing last night, the amount of space they had on the right hand side was very alarming, and was how the winning goal came around. Would like to see Rose left midfield but Ritchie can't really be dropped.

I don't think Sheehan knew where he was playing last night either. He was fucking awful when he came on and actually made Rose look 10 times better than him. He just didn't look interested at all.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:48:47 »

Just seen the highlights on Points West. Yeah Douglas went in 2 footed and didn't get much of the ball. Think I can see the refs point of view on that one sadly. Didn't get as much of the ball as I thought he did.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:50:51 »

Just saw the Douglas challenge....shocking....Wilson shouldn't be defending that kind of stuff.
And the Booboo by Smith for the equaliser......may have had a good game...but shocking too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:56:11 »

Top stuff Leefer, you've restored my faith in the TEF....presumably the shitehole Tiny Clanger spotted on Earth was Crawley?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 19:06:40 »

Tiny Clanger....sounds like a rap artist with a two inch dick.....lets get down with Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: