Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We can’t win them all. Accrington Stanley v STFC  (Read 27201 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:47:38 »

what's going on in Northampton!!

4-0 up v Pompey
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:48:03 »

Twine's shooting from range is incredibly accurate.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:48:14 »

HT 1-2 to Accers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:49:19 »

Playing quite well but 2 defensive errors have cost us so far, looks like there are goals in this game for both sides.

Need to look at Twines free kick again as it looked over the line at on the replay to me.

Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:49:39 »

2-1 ht. Swindon unlucky to be behind.

Not sure what Hallum Hope adds to our strike force. Hopefully he will prove me wrong and score for us.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:49:49 »

shakey to crosses in defence but on top and unlucky.  there was a clear second booking that the referee chickened out of.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:53:33 »

Maybe some better luck when attacking the Rubik's Cube end in the second half.

Could do with a selective mute button for the co-commentator.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:54:30 »

Keeper has to do better
As does your golden boy Conroy - just as culpable there.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:55:46 »

Really disappointing.

Got ourselves back into this through a great ball through to Pitman who showed that given a chance he will score.

Conroy has been struggling with their pace. Twine has been unlucky with 2 free kicks and a volley. Broadbent has made a couple of last ditched tackles. Garrick and Hope havent got into the game much. Garrick probably more than Hope. Odimayo has looked good. Payne has been running around and Iandolo has tried to build down the left.

I thought we were in the ascendancy when they scored their second. If we could have crafted another opportunity I could have seen us getting something out of the game. Now though, I suspect they will sit back and catch us on the break to come out comfortable 3-1 winners

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:56:08 »

Disappointed if we don’t pick up at least a point,
These just play to their strength. Height and strength.
Technically we should be better.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:56:21 »

I have no idea what to make of that.  By and large we are pretty shit.  By and large, they are pretty shit.

The lack of intelligence when taking off Grounds is criminal, the entire coaching team can take the blame on that front.  Keep Grounds on the floor until you have the sub ready, especially as we were defending a corner - to then have another set piece and not have a sub ready was asking for trouble.

I thought we were terrible until Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, of all people, sprints clear beating the offside trap!  Then we actually looked like we might get another for a while.  The problem is we have no plan of attack, it's all hit and hope stuff and rely on individuals to do something.  Fortunately Twine has developed a cracker jack of a right foot and keeps us looking dangerous.

In defence we looked a bit all over the place, even from the start and before the change.  Why the fuck is Broadbent taking throw ins when we have a back four?  Pulls us out of position.

Overall it's sort of so bad it's almost good.  Could have been 4-3 to either side.

I think our keeper is bit ropey.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:58:51 by RobertT » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:56:52 »

Was Conroy faster before his injuries? Pace sticks out as a weakness in his game now.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:58:06 »

Was Conroy faster before his injuries? Pace sticks out as a weakness in his game now.

The lack of a jump with their second suggests he is playing in concrete boots.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:58:54 »

As impressed by Accrington down here they are nowhere near the same in this game and look decidedly ordinary. As far as I can tell they are constantly in the ear of the ref. and at half time their manager was having his say as well and that always pisses me off. Game is there for us to get something I am sure.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #224 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 16:01:45 »

what's going on in Northampton!!

4-0 up v Pompey
To show how meanlingless Possession stats can be....

Northampton 32% to Pompey 68% and Northampton have had 6 shots on target and scored with 4 of them.

Could do with MKD scoring a couple this half to beat Wigan having had 9 shots so far but only 1 on target.

Both Rovers and Rochdale are currently losing and if Burton let in a late goal to lose then it will be a decent afternoon even if we cant get anything out of the game.

If we come out of the blocks as we ended the first half I can see us getting another goal or 2 but I can also see us conceding more.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: