Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Brentford Stadium  (Read 9601 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:01:48 »

Thanks for that, most offended.

Xx

It wasn't directed at you Tans, i'm getting heartily sick of that guy, SonicYouth, having a go at my Bosnian mate Coca Fola, really sick of his derisive remarks. He's in Norway drinking piff paff Champagne on the back of oil rig workers (oh, it will end! who knew?, who fucking knew?) and he'll have to take his ski's off, and by God he better be ready for a skirmish on terra firma. Easy to mock, not so easy face to face with a black belt.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:07:50 »

brilliant. Powers of the mind and a martial arts expert. Legend
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:09:28 by arriba » Logged
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:08:12 »

Here we go............

Popcorn
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:14:18 »

It wasn't directed at you Tans, i'm getting heartily sick of that guy, SonicYouth, having a go at my Bosnian mate Coca Fola, really sick of his derisive remarks. He's in Norway drinking piff paff Champagne on the back of oil rig workers (oh, it will end! who knew?, who fucking knew?) and he'll have to take his ski's off, and by God he better be ready for a skirmish on terra firma. Easy to mock, not so easy face to face with a black belt.
[url width=900 height=957]http://images.stuffofawesome.com/haters-gonna-hate-stephen-fry-edition-1306256408-2116.jpg[/url]
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:17:01 »

ooooh, get her!

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:22:17 »

SonicYouth, the TownEnder that keeps on giving, it's a fair bet that you weren't one of those roaring your guts out at Wembley, all mouth and no trousers.

Sonic Youth- the gift who keeps on giving Crying
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:27:07 »

do you have a drinking problem?
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:28:10 »

Don't evade the question, do you have a thinking problem?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:29:58 »

only when i can't get a think.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:32:10 »

only when i can't get a think.

When you slag Coca Fola, you ridicule yourself, i've had it with you, no more slack for you. Sod the fuck off with your facile comments. I used to like you, no more Bye
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 15:35:17 »

When you slag Coca Fola, you ridicule yourself, i've had it with you, no more slack for you. Sod the fuck off with your facile comments. I used to like you, no more Bye

[url width=400 height=210]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26966978.jpg[/url]
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 16:24:30 »

There is a limit to what you can achieve by redeveloping the current site. Moving out of town presents a lot more opportunities, especially if it includes getting a cut of the money from selling the Country Ground for redevelopment.

New grounds don't have to be a disaster. They were talking a while back about a massive development to the east of Swindon, putting the ground in the middle of that wouldn't be so bad would it?

I get the keeping the old ground thing, but I could put up with moving if it meant a better view, comfy seats, decent food, better parking and more money to improve the team.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 17:06:07 »

There is a limit to what you can achieve by redeveloping the current site. Moving out of town presents a lot more opportunities, especially if it includes getting a cut of the money from selling the Country Ground for redevelopment.

New grounds don't have to be a disaster. They were talking a while back about a massive development to the east of Swindon, putting the ground in the middle of that wouldn't be so bad would it?

I get the keeping the old ground thing, but I could put up with moving if it meant a better view, comfy seats, decent food, better parking and more money to improve the team.

Just a couple of points.

'Moving out of town presents a lot more opportunities.'

Does it really?  Difficult to quantify or back that one up, I think.

'They were talking a while back about a massive development to the east of Swindon, putting the ground in the middle of that wouldn't be so bad would it?

It would be horrific!  You'd be 4 to 5 miles from the centre of town, miles from any decent pubs, miles from the train station.  (There is a railway line nearby, but the chances of a new station out there would be slim at best.)

Town planners in Swindon have consistently, over the course of decades, allowed just about everything to move out to the suburbs...leaving the centre to rot, basically.  I really hope that the football club does not follow the shops and the cinemas.

There is something special about a matchday in Swindon...and it's almost entirely down to where the ground is.

• The crowds getting off the train before a big match.
  • The walk through the side streets on the way to the ground.
  • The view you get of Old Town and Christchurch from the Arkells Stand.
  • The dozens of pubs within a 15 minute walk of the ground full of pre-match banter.
  • The folk who will stop you in the street shortly after a game and ask you how the Town got on.

You'd lose all of that if you moved out of town.  The experience of the matchday would change.  Sure, we would accept it and move forward.  But it would be a massive step backwards for me.  I think we can get the best of both worlds.

[Sorry if I'm sounding a bit preachy, by the way.  Pet subject of mine, as you may have noticed.]
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 17:30:17 »

Just a couple of points.

Does it really?  Difficult to quantify or back that one up, I think.

It would be horrific!  You'd be 4 to 5 miles from the centre of town, miles from any decent pubs, miles from the train station.  (There is a railway line nearby, but the chances of a new station out there would be slim at best.)

Town planners in Swindon have consistently, over the course of decades, allowed just about everything to move out to the suburbs...leaving the centre to rot, basically.  I really hope that the football club does not follow the shops and the cinemas.

There is something special about a matchday in Swindon...and it's almost entirely down to where the ground is.

• The crowds getting off the train before a big match.
  • The walk through the side streets on the way to the ground.
  • The view you get of Old Town and Christchurch from the Arkells Stand.
  • The dozens of pubs within a 15 minute walk of the ground full of pre-match banter.
  • The folk who will stop you in the street shortly after a game and ask you how the Town got on.

You'd lose all of that if you moved out of town.  The experience of the matchday would change.  Sure, we would accept it and move forward.  But it would be a massive step backwards for me.  I think we can get the best of both worlds.

[Sorry if I'm sounding a bit preachy, by the way.  Pet subject of mine, as you may have noticed.]

Abso-bloody-lutely  !!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 17:34:07 »

Who is this Dostoyevsky idiot !!

Just spouts utter nonsense in a weird attempted poetic way nonsensical.
Must be either pissed or high

Wasn't it the same idiot who claimed Wiggo was doping as well ?

I suppose I've given him/her/it the oxygen of a reply there haven't I
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: