Pages: 1 ... 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1994924 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #7470 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:02:36 »

Don't feel bitter towards Wellen for jumping ship from the sinking ship STFC, must have been clearer to him than the rest of us the state and direction of the club this year. soapy tit wank at him failing at Salford though.

This.

I still think he will go onto bigger and better things. Surprised Wellens wasn’t given a summer to clear the deadwood and forge his own side. When he joined us he didn’t pull any major trees but managed to clear the deadwood and make a promotion winning side.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7471 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:07:36 »

Don't feel bitter towards Wellen for jumping ship from the sinking ship STFC, must have been clearer to him than the rest of us the state and direction of the club this year. soapy tit wank at him failing at Salford though.

Of course it was clear to Wellens how poor we’d be on the pitch this season - seen as he signed the players...
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7472 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:08:51 »

Always sad to see someone lose their job

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7473 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:13:13 »

Always sad to see someone lose their job
Why?

He wasn't up to the job and was sacked, its the same for everyone, its not rocket science.

Or are you purely being pointlessly deliberately contradictory?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7474 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:20:01 »

Why?

He wasn't up to the job and was sacked, its the same for everyone, its not rocket science.

Not forgetting in his case he'll also get a nice pay off and is probably already a multi millionaire so no reason for sympathy.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #7475 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:20:11 »

Why?

Thanks for this.

No, from a human perspective, it is sad to see anyone lose their job.  I bear no ill will to STFCs former manager.

Is it the case that he "wasn't up to the job"?  Depends how you look at it I suppose.  As mentioned below, the immediate question is was he given enough time?

Nothing to see here
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7476 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:21:25 »

The loving embrace of Doncaster Rovers might save his managerial career if they decide to go for it.

I very much doubt that Wellens will come out perfectly of any post-mortem of this season but I'm absolutely convinced that he could have got more of a tune out of this side over the season (he left 8 or 9 L1 games in) - In my opinion.

We'd have lost at the Kassam though. No way would RW have pulled that nonsense. That wonderful, wondeful nonsense.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #7477 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:25:42 »

Hilarious.

Not a jot of sympathy from me.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7478 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:27:50 »

He said he didn’t want a relegation on his CV. Is that worse or better than being sacked?

Deserves no sympathy, though. Well paid, contract paid up and he’ll surely get another job easily.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7479 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:30:41 »

Is it the case that he "wasn't up to the job"?  Depends how you look at it I suppose.  As mentioned below, the immediate question is was he given enough time?
Well I am 100% sure that if the Salford owners thought he was up to the job he would still be in employment there.

They see him and deal with him day to day so I think they know better than someone on a Swindon forum.

HTH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #7480 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:32:03 »

Well I am 100% sure that if the Salford owners thought he was up to the job he would still be in employment there.

They see him and deal with him day to day so I think they know better than someone on a Swindon forum.

HTH.

Nice considered response - that helps a lot.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7481 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:36:44 »

I'm not sure what would be better, finding out El Dino had been removed from office or that Wobbie had failed to get a team with even more wonga than Town, into a commanding position (or at least not one that has clearly been set as his main objective); and subsequently sacked?

I would also piss myself if a regime change happens here and RW is brought back in to carry on "project Swindon"...I can just see the press conference now...

'Well, fings weren't goin to the plan at Salfodd and yoh know, in the back of yoh ed, yoh finkin...there's unfinished bisniss at Swindon...so when I erd my good friend John wasn't feelin up to the job anymore, we made the call and now I'm back. I'm good enuff to get Swindon in the Championship.'

Remember...strangers things have happened at sea! Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7482 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:40:59 »

Surprised Wellens wasn’t given a summer to clear the deadwood and forge his own side.

The 'deadwood' seemed to be doing somewhat better under Alexander than they did under Wellens? As for forging his own side, I wonder if with hindsight they took at his own side he forged here this season.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:43:06 by horlock07 » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7483 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 15:57:31 »

I am glad it didn't work out for him at Salford but would have him back here tomorrow without blinking.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Crackity Jones

« Reply #7484 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 16:02:23 »

I would have Wellens back in a heartbeat.  Last season, we played some of the best football I have seen at the CG.  He engaged with us fans, created a buzz about the place and got us believing again.  

Yes, the summer recruitment was poor and he jumped because he saw the opportunity at Salford. But I suspect there was/is a lot going on behind the scenes here that prompted that.

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: