Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We Are Staying Up  (Read 5513 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 19:59:44 »

No we are not

Repeat this to yourself over & over and you will find the next month and a bit much easier to take
woolster

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 20:11:24 »

No we are not

Repeat this to yourself over & over and you will find the next month and a bit much easier to take
Yes
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 11:44:43 »

I've always been optimistic.  You won't find one post on here suggesting we're going down!  (Stands ready to be corrected...)  I will be optimistic until we're mathematically down.  We do have some blind pessimists on here, so I feel I need to restore the balance.  I'm sure the people who were saying we'd go down in October are delighted by our current predicament, and were almost waiting for Danny Wilson to fail.

In my time since supporting Swindon, (vaguely McMahon era, properly Andy King era), I have never once seen us as a fanbase get behind one manager.  The closest we got was with Dennis Wise, but he wasn't here long.  I imagine it's the same with a lot of teams, but it seems a shame we can't get a regime in that the fan base is behind 100%.  I really think next season needs a big name next year, but as we're staying up Hart will get the job full time.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 11:57:58 »

We've got 34 points. We need around 49/50 to stay up. We need 16 points from a possible 21. We need to win 5 games and draw another one for that to happen. Can we stay unbeaten in 6 of our last 7 games and win 5? Not impossible but highly unlikely.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 12:01:01 »

walrus - can i have some of your Valium please?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 12:15:07 »

I just cannot understand why we're not in the Champions League this season...  we have some real world beaters in our team!   Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 13:01:40 »

You're on drugs.

Not a chance we'll stay up.

I'm more concerned the momentum from this season will carry on into the next and we'll go out of the fucking league !
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 14:10:07 »

I've always been optimistic.  You won't find one post on here suggesting we're going down!  (Stands ready to be corrected...)  I will be optimistic until we're mathematically down.  We do have some blind pessimists on here, so I feel I need to restore the balance.  I'm sure the people who were saying we'd go down in October are delighted by our current predicament, and were almost waiting for Danny Wilson to fail.

In my time since supporting Swindon, (vaguely McMahon era, properly Andy King era), I have never once seen us as a fanbase get behind one manager.  The closest we got was with Dennis Wise, but he wasn't here long.  I imagine it's the same with a lot of teams, but it seems a shame we can't get a regime in that the fan base is behind 100%.  I really think next season needs a big name next year, but as we're staying up Hart will get the job full time.

we all stayed behind Wilson as long as we could.

I expect we'll get 100% behind a manager when we find one who knows how to win games.

The rest of your post is utter delusional bullshit but I think you're on the wind up anyway.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 14:56:37 »

we all stayed behind Wilson as long as we could. I expect we'll get 100% behind a manager when we find one who knows how to win games.

At the end of this season, whether we make the great escape, or (more likely) not. Come kick off next season the reality is we'll all have bitched and moaned, and psychollogically the slate will have been wiped. New season, new manager, mistakes of last year learnt from and new players coming in. No one can rectify a season retrospectively.

I for one do not blame the board in the manner some supporters do, as we have to accept our 'saviours' are pretty new at this 'running a league football club' malarkey and we all make mistakes. Providing those mistakes are learnt from, I anticipate the fans will get right behind the club for a succesful L2 campaign next season.

On that note, can anyone confirm which players are still contracted for next season? And which players' contracts run out this summer?
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 15:27:45 »

At the end of this season, whether we make the great escape, or (more likely) not. Come kick off next season the reality is we'll all have bitched and moaned, and psychollogically the slate will have been wiped. New season, new manager, mistakes of last year learnt from and new players coming in. No one can rectify a season retrospectively.

I for one do not blame the board in the manner some supporters do, as we have to accept our 'saviours' are pretty new at this 'running a league football club' malarkey and we all make mistakes. Providing those mistakes are learnt from, I anticipate the fans will get right behind the club for a succesful L2 campaign next season.

On that note, can anyone confirm which players are still contracted for next season? And which players' contracts run out this summer?

Also, and apols if this has been done before, but can someone explain exactly how the salary cap works in L2? Ta
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 15:30:42 »

As far as I can remember.

Contracted for next season....

Lucas
Benyon
Caddis
Ferry
Flint
Misun
Rose
Prutton ??
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 15:40:31 »

Also, and apols if this has been done before, but can someone explain exactly how the salary cap works in L2? Ta

Players total salary is capped at 60% turnover, presumably from the previous financial year.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 15:45:27 »

I think it's a projected turnover but you have to submit figures to the League to back it up. So it would be reasonable for a side promoted from the Conference to have a projected turnover higher than their previous year, as perhaps for (say) a club that had moved to a new ground from an out-of-town groundshare.

Whereas it would be pretty ridiculous for a side to say they anticipated a projected turnover twenty times the previous season when they hadn't been promoted/moved etc but based on some entirely fake Middle Eastern investment that predictably never materialised. I'm looking at you, Notts County
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 07:31:44 »

I'm not on the wind-up.  What I cannot grasp is all the in-fighting.  I was under the impression supporting a team was about wanting the team to win and do well?  I appreciate blind optimism can be irritating, but is it all that harmful?  It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

I agree that our momentum is a worry.  If we don't win before the end of the season, the pessimism pre-next season will be unbearable.  We'll need some bloody easy games to get us into our stride, but then that's been our problem.  There aren't many easy games at this level (don't tell me their aren't any, as some teams have had some fucking easy games against us this season). 

What I can't understand is we're not getting tonked.  We're losing by the odd goal.  A team this bad should be travelling to places like Charlton and Huddersfield and getting hammered, if not by the scoreline then at least by chance ratio and possession.

Even as a Wilson-enthusiast, I thought the appointment of Hart would see us grab a few wins as bringing in a new regime usually does.  The form and performances under Hart say the underlying problems run much deeper than with the management, and sit firmly in the mindset of the players.  Even as ardent supporters, I think it is reasonable to suggest this team is more than good enough to stay in this league - if anyone says "the table doesn't lie" they're getting a slap.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 07:32:55 »

The table doesn't lie.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: