Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Inquest  (Read 50897 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:48:08 »

Tactical naivety.

They exploited the space behind Byrne and Toffolo brilliantly. They were happy to let Kasim have the ball and had two men on both Luongo and Gladwin preventing us from playing in triangles.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:55:27 »

You could see NT was playing injured from the moment he ran with Beckford and ended up fouling him...when the corner was being set up Thompson SKIPPED into position in the 6 yard box - we were in the 9th row, behind the goal, and all saw it. He simply wasn't fit.
From the moment he went off against Sheffield United I was afraid of that whole scenario unfolding - i.e. it's an injury that generally takes 4-6 weeks to clear up. NT's desperate to play and convinces himself and therefore the coaching staff he can play. Second minute, he gets done for pace because he's not fit, gives away a free kick, doesn't defend it properly because he's not fit, we concede, he goes off and we've already used a sub up. I could see all that happening (as could a lot of other people I'm sure) sadly Cooper couldn't.

Having said that, even if he hadn't started we would have still got hammered, maybe not quite so badly.

I think the question that really needs to be answered is, why did Andy Williams have a tampon stuck up his nose? Did he know it was there??
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 08:40:53 »

Football is about scoring goals and defending well.

We did neither....end of subject.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 08:53:22 »

A well-organised team against a disorganised shambles.

Experience against youth.

A tactically flexible manager against a tactically rigid one.

Energy against lethargy.

Clinical strikers against strikers who head wide from 3 yards.

A defence against a ?

And what we shouldn't forget in the context of all that: big budget versus a shoestring.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 25, 2015, 08:59:59 by BruceChatwin » Logged
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 08:56:33 »

I think 4 at the back is the way to go next season. The way we play with 3 at the back can work ( Shitty as an example) but it hasn't with us. A lot of the time we and up losing it around the half way line, one of our CB has committed and immediately it is 2/3 on 2. That paired with our WB's also being very attack minded makes for a very difficult time.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:00:38 »

some people would call it heroic of thompson to play,I call it totally selfish and unprofessional.However questions have to be asked of the medical staff who should know a ham doesnt heal in 2 weeks.shocking and went a long way to costing us the game

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:01:27 »

Can't really be arsed to talk about the game at this point, sure that will come. The three scraps were relatively near me, didn't see what caused the first or last but middle one was fairly ludicrous. Basically a couple of our 'fans' got annoyed, and aggressive, because the people in front of them weren't standing up and singing. That the people in front of them are in their 60s and both have on going health issues didn't seem to cross their tiny minds, even when if was pointed out to them by the couples son. In the end the whole family moved, a pretty depressing  incident on an afternoon not short of them

There were about 10 blokes just to he right of us, doing the same to a couple of really young lads in front of us, really aggressive to them for not singing. Although I don't know everybody who goes I've never seen any of them before, they then fucked off after 65 minutes, thank god.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:01:42 »

Can't really be arsed to talk about the game at this point, sure that will come. The three scraps were relatively near me, didn't see what caused the first or last but middle one was fairly ludicrous. Basically a couple of our 'fans' got annoyed, and aggressive, because the people in front of them weren't standing up and singing. That the people in front of them are in their 60s and both have on going health issues didn't seem to cross their tiny minds, even when if was pointed out to them by the couples son. In the end the whole family moved, a pretty depressing  incident on an afternoon not short of them

It was my godmother and godfather.  They have been season ticket holders for years and are very upset.  Absolutely disgusting behaviour.  I hope those involved are pleased.

In terms of the game, it's all been said.  We were absolute shit right across the pitch and Thompson shouldn't have been playing.  I understand his desire to play, but it was a poor decision on his part and Coopers.   Agree with comments about some of the players looking disinterested and pulling out of challenges as well.  That's been the case for the last few months and cost us automatic promotion.

So so disappointing.  3 chances to get out of League 1 not taken in 6 years.  So what if they were 'good' seasons.  We're still stuck in League fucking 1.  Now it's back to square one and a complete rebuild is needed again.  I like Cooper, but am really not sure he's the man to get us out of this League.  

Oh and to rub salt into the wound, there were a group of around 50 Preston fans directly behind us in corporate seats in the Swindon end.  Despite numerous complaints from Swindon supporters to Wembley staff, nothing was done apart from offering to move us all further round behind the goal.  If we had wanted to sit there, we'd have bought tickets for there.  Why they couldn't be moved down to the Preston end is beyond me.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:05:31 »

some people would call it heroic of thompson to play,I call it totally selfish and unprofessional.However questions have to be asked of the medical staff who should know a ham doesnt heal in 2 weeks.shocking and went a long way to costing us the game
Cooper said that NT passed his fitness test with 'flying colours'. That tells me that they need to review how they carry out their fitness tests as they are currently complete horse shit.

Can you stand up Nathan? Yes.
Can you put one foot in front of the other? Yes.

Congratulations - you're good to go!
arkellsboi

« Reply #69 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:06:11 »

So so disappointing.  3 chances to get out of League 1 not taken in 6 years.  So what if they were 'good' seasons.  We're still stuck in League fucking 1.

If you judge everything only by how it ends, you're going to be disappointed. Pretty sure you're going to snuff it one day.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:17:31 »

If you judge everything only by how it ends, you're going to be disappointed. Pretty sure you're going to snuff it one day.

I don't really understand the point of your comment to be honest?  Fundamentally it's the end result that matters and anyone who isn't disappointed that we got hammered 4-0 yesterday is rather strange imo.

Of course I'm going to snuff it, but it would be nice to get out of League 1 before I do!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:22:09 »

Of course I'm going to snuff it, but it would be nice to get out of League 1 before I do!

And that's as positive as a Town fan can get. Hope we get promoted before I die! Ha ha.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:24:53 »

My point is: do you regret shagging your ex-girlfriends because ultimately the relationships never worked out? No? Beating Bristol City at home might not mean as much in light of staying down, but it was still fucking great to see at the time.

What.. the fuck.. are you on about?Huh?
arkellsboi

« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:25:41 »

What.. the fuck.. are you on about?Huh?

It's an analogy, our kid.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:26:21 »

dont think anyone has mentioned it but Hylton must be puzzled to have played no part after his semi final performancea.I know the early sub hampered his chances but still would have liked him to play some part,if not start

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: