Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ryan Shawcross Tackle  (Read 14910 times)
Doore

« Reply #60 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:11:34 »

Nothing new to add, but I do feel sorry for Shawcross, it clearly wasn't his intention to hurt Ramsey, just a second late trying to play the ball - but obviously I feel most for Ramsey.  That's clearly a career threatening injury.

As fB said, this is just one of those things that happen in football sometimes - there isn't always someone to blame.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:20:17 »

Doing nasty damage to somebody doesn't necessarily make it a red card.

It's maybe harsh but if you foul someone and break their leg you're going to get a red and whether its deserved or not I reckon its the correct decision. There is a big risk of retaliation otherwise and its unlikely the player would be in the right frame of mind to carry on anyway. Not in the rules maybe but I doubt many would disagree with it.
iffy

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:57:31 »

With Diaby, Eduardo and now Ramsey, you can understand why Arsenal fans are upset. They've been on the wrong end of more career-ending challenges than most clubs in the last two or three years. Add to this the Allardyce-inspired view in the Prem that Arsenal don't fancy a scrap and if you're an Arsenal fan it isn't a huge leap of logic to conclude that teams like Hull, Bolton and Stoke come after them.

So I understand their frustration and calling for blood but this one looks innocuous and unlucky - looks like all of Ramsey's weight is on that leg, his studs are caught in the turf and Shawcross has rolled over him. Just hope he comes back, he's a great little player.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 23:02:12 »

With Diaby, Eduardo and now Ramsey, you can understand why Arsenal fans are upset. They've been on the wrong end of more career-ending challenges than most clubs in the last two or three years.
Sorry, which of those 3 was a career ending tackle?
iffy

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 23:12:36 »

OK, "fucking horrible tackle", if you want to proof-read adjectives all night.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 23:33:49 »

That's nothing.

A few years back Liverpool had two broken legs in one half at Blackburn.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 23:47:15 »

That's nothing.

A few years back Liverpool had two broken legs in one half at Blackburn.
Wenger didn't see it, therefore it didn't happen.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 06:42:17 »

It was nothing but a knock, bit of magic spray and he could have run it off
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 09:47:26 »

I had just put Ramsey in my Fantasy team.

So it is probably my fault.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 11:13:34 »

I had just put Ramsey in my Fantasy team.

So it is probably my fault.

i have shawcross in mine with no subs left.
Barry Scott

« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 11:54:44 »

That number the STD code for Stoke? It's scarily similar to our one. Is Stoke twinned with Disneyworld?

I think it's Romsey, near Southampton, which is 01792 and then Swansea is 01794 innit? I'm not checking, there are others here who enjoy that.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 12:21:58 »

I think it's Romsey

Which is nearly Ramsey! This just gets freakier!
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 12:52:37 »

Did anyone listen to some of the Arsenal fans comments on 6-0-6? Far too over the top. They were amazingly angry about the tackle as if no Arsenal player has never performed a poorly timed tackle throughout their whole history.

Not over the top reaction at all - it was a horror challenge that should be properly punished - I thought it was a tackle of some intent to injure personally - not saying it was deliberate to break his leg mind you! 3 match ban not really sufficient - can you imagine that happening to Douglas or Ferry - would we be happy? Ramsey was going to be a world class player - who knows from now what he will acheive?

Its not as if Shawcross hasnt got previous - broke Francis Jeffers ankle/leg in a previous match 2 years ago - and put Adebayor out of football for 3 months with a reckless late off the pitch challenge which almost broke his leg too last year.

As for Arsenal I cant remember their players breaking any players bones from any challenges whatsoever.

Shawcross being called up for England when Capello drops Terry for setting a bad example is almost hypocritical! I certainly wont be supporting any England side with him in it!

Teams such as Stoke and Bolton and Birmingham might have to play this way in order to survive at the top flight due to lack of funds but it really needs to looked at further by the FA. As long as this kind of play is tolerated and encouraged by media and managers alike then England will continue to win nothing.

Credit again then to Mr Wilson at showing how to be bringing a club of low funding into the higher echelons with good quality football and fair play! Another example of how well Swindon Town is being run these days in comparison to other clubs!

I used to be Fatbury
Rich Pullen

« Reply #73 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 12:57:20 »

No, it's football - these things happen in contact sports. It's clear he wasn't deliberate (as you said) just a very poorly times tackle. All of this "teams like Stoke do this and do that" is rubbish in my opinion.

It winds me up how fans grab the metaphoric flaming torches and pitchforks and demand vengeance towards a young, promising footballer who made a genuine mistake.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 12:59:57 »

Not over the top reaction at all - it was a horror challenge that should be properly punished - I thought it was a tackle of some intent to injure personally - not saying it was deliberate to break his leg mind you! 3 match ban not really sufficient - can you imagine that happening to Douglas or Ferry - would we be happy? Ramsey was going to be a world class player - who knows from now what he will acheive?

Its not as if Shawcross hasnt got previous - broke Francis Jeffers ankle/leg in a previous match 2 years ago - and put Adebayor out of football for 3 months with a reckless late off the pitch challenge which almost broke his leg too last year.

As for Arsenal I cant remember their players breaking any players bones from any challenges whatsoever.

Shawcross being called up for England when Capello drops Terry for setting a bad example is almost hypocritical! I certainly wont be supporting any England side with him in it!

Teams such as Stoke and Bolton and Birmingham might have to play this way in order to survive at the top flight due to lack of funds but it really needs to looked at further by the FA. As long as this kind of play is tolerated and encouraged by media and managers alike then England will continue to win nothing.

Credit again then to Mr Wilson at showing how to be bringing a club of low funding into the higher echelons with good quality football and fair play! Another example of how well Swindon Town is being run these days in comparison to other clubs!

Still frequenting the emirates then Fatbury?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: