Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28293 times)
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:00:12 »

Don't understand the argument, to be honest.  What better way - other than putting yourself in the proverbial 'shop window' as part of a promotion winning side - could there be to secure a decent contract for next season?
I liken it to playing in friendlies, The last thing you need, is to get an injury before you've signed your contract with your new employers.
If I was Williams for example, I've shown I can score goals at this level and just need to stay fit for next season.
Same goes for all the loanees.
Game changers, our style at home is easily countered by away teams allowing us to play as much football in the two thirds of the pitch that doesn't matter, both are good shouts too.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:14:59 »

Haven't read back. Blame me as start of thread.

We are not going up. Simple as that.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:18:29 »

Luongo!!  Paynter, Wembley - Leeds!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:25:16 »

After moaning about Luongo (v Posh) I thought he was better this week. First 25/30 he looked to be the key player sitting just in front of the back 4.

The entire team folded after half time, so...

That said, it does feel a bit like the Millwall final year - there are teams we can absolutely outplay or at least outpass (Rochdale), but there are teams we can't cope with (Yeovil at one end, Franchise at the other). We also seem to find it hard to come back from being goal(s) down.

But tonight I'm more worried about not getting to Wembley than getting there and losing.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:38:18 by Batch » Logged
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:27:39 »

You must have missed the one he shanked after a bit of juggling. Seeing Jan a age and the two old bastards squaring up in the drs were the only highlights for me today

Oooh, do tell more!
Flashheart

« Reply #155 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:32:28 »

Haven't read back. Blame me as start of thread.

We are not going up. Simple as that.

Did you think the same thing before kick off today?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #156 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:33:43 »

Oooh, do tell more!
I'm in V179 and this was to the left and below me so somewhere around L190 I would guess. A bit of shouting then the steward called and at the end of the game they squared up again. Looks like one has had a go at the other all through the game and the other one twatted him and they had a go again as they were exiting. They certainly showed more fight than the team.
On a separate note, I thought Luongo was one of our better players today.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:44:29 »

Well that was awful. Didn't think we would get 2nd anyway but its left me with no desire to go on Tuesday and no emphusiasm for the play offs at all. Bar the first 30 we didnt look like scoring and looked worse as the game went on.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:48:19 »

Do our players prefer playing away than at home as it's less pressure? Do fans get on players backs a little too easily?

Genuine question.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:53:51 »

I sat through the match, I'm not gonna sit through this thread either, so I'll just throw out my thoughts...

Bloody frustrating.  Noticed today how deep Luongo sat to accompany Rodgers, which limited his effectiveness.  Someone texted in to the radio that Luongo clearly had his head elsewhere (or words to that effect)...well had they seen him run the show at Spotland, they wouldn't say that.  He will be off at the end of the season, but let's not twist things to fit some agenda (there's enough of that with the election), he looks tired on occasion, but he's still putting in a shift.

Gladwin did well, occasional error, but mostly good.  The general thing is it was a frustrating match.  Yeovil were content with 0-0, defended well, and were well organised.  We had a very poor few minutes and didn't keep the ball in the time before they scored.  A shame and disappointing, but not the end of the world.

We will finish 4th, we have the 3rd lowest wage bill in the division (I think), we play some lovely stuff.  Come what may, it's been a good season...get promoted and it'll be a great one.

Time to prepare for the playoffs.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #160 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 19:57:00 »

I know I wasn't there and all that but I've a suggestion.....

Perhaps, maybe, Yeovil under a new manager and with no pressure on them did a number on us? Maybe we weren't that bad, rather they just did a good job and made us look bad? It does happen.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:01:38 »

I know I wasn't there and all that but I've a suggestion.....

Perhaps, maybe, Yeovil under a new manager and with no pressure on them did a number on us? Maybe we weren't that bad, rather they just did a good job and made us look bad? It does happen.

They did that...well organised as I said.  But we let ourselves down, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:02:30 »

My thoughts are as follows, have to say first time at the CG this season so coming in at this a little fresh.

Luongo was a class a part from the other town players, so much time on the ball, he was the only one with some urgency/pace.

I thought nothing came off for Gladwin, he huffed and puffed but it just didn't happen for him today.

Obits worked his socks off, impressed by him.

Cooper waited far too long to make changes, Rodgers should have been first off, thought he was poorest town player today.

Town looked far too pedestrian and lacked a plan B, God knows what they'll do in the play offs if they fall behind.

That said I enjoyed the actual style of football, so nice moves and let's be honest on another day we'd have easily been two or three up by half time.

Yeovil were awful, worrying that town couldn't break them down.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:09:00 »

Luongos playing with an injury anyway i think
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:13:12 »

I originally read that as JAF fighting with 2 old bastards, phew, clearer now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: