Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adam Rooney  (Read 11268 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 10:38:26 »

And the freedom to sign that striker we've been lining up all summer?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 10:40:10 »

Really pleased we've offloaded him though, very over rated.
By who? There was only really Di Canio who rated him in the first place wasn't there?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 10:44:29 »

By who? There was only really Di Canio who rated him in the first place wasn't there?

I don't think even Di Canio rated him judging by the amount of time he spent on the bench.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 10:45:29 »

Not by many true, but just the fact he was once attached to a Championship club made him over rated to me.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 11:10:53 »

Not by many true, but just the fact he was once attached to a Championship club made him over rated to me.

I thought he looked ok when actually playing as a striker rather than right-wing. Personally I think he is more suited to the lone striker role than Williams.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 11:13:16 »

And the freedom to sign that striker we've been lining up all summer?
Jason Roberts?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 11:55:50 »

Signing a contract with another club doesn't automatically invalidate a previous contract if there is still an argument about it

Not in theory, but it mitigates his losses. We could still be liable for the difference in his new wage and what we had offered him.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 12:05:02 »

Talking of Rooneys.....Luke Rooney was training with Creepy Crawley today according to Sky Sports News.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 12:07:42 »

Not in theory, but it mitigates his losses. We could still be liable for the difference in his new wage and what we had offered him.

But if there was a valid contract between us and him would we not hold his football registration so he couldn't play for another club, can't see us giving that up if it was still in dispute as it would be a lever to hold.

The manner in which has gone suggests that perhaps the contract wasn't valid, cannot see Oldham paying him £8k a week. However we will probably hear that due to the terms of the contract signed with Old Co we are now paying him £20k a month for the next 40 years to terminate it.
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 12:12:07 »

But if there was a valid contract between us and him would we not hold his football registration so he couldn't play for another club, can't see us giving that up if it was still in dispute as it would be a lever to hold.

The manner in which has gone suggests that perhaps the contract wasn't valid, cannot see Oldham paying him £8k a week. However we will probably hear that due to the terms of the contract signed with Old Co we are now paying him £20k a month for the next 40 years to terminate it.

Maybe he now works for us as a consultant.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 12:17:23 »

Maybe he now works for us as a consultant.

He's got a nice Merc.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 13:21:17 »

I'm certain Oldham aren't paying him £8k-a-week. Nor were we going to be!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: