Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football league awards  (Read 11728 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:26:39 »

Done fuck all? A cursory comparison of the top scorers table would suggest otherwise

45 appearances, 10 goals, 14 assists, and interest from the rest of the Football League.

By way of comparison, Pack has 42 appearances, 4 goals and 7 assists. Maybe that's unfair, as I don't know what type of player he is. However, nobody at Cheltenham has more than 8 assists, and none of their midfielders is into double figures for goals.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:27:22 »

Oh and I know it bothers some people on here but I like to read what other fans are saying about us, here are some reactions to last nights awards.

'Matt Richie isn't fit to lace up Marlon boots.

Because we're Cheltenham, that's why Richie claimed the prize. No congratulations from me.

Matt Richie has done Feckall. The awards are a complete farce'

This annoys me. How do Cheltenham fans (apart from 2 games) know what Matt Ritchie has done this year?

Likewise, had Pack won the award, it would annoy me if anyone on here moaned about 'what Marlon Pack has done this year'.

Fans don't know anything about other team's players so these comments are completely stupid!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:28:00 »

Deserved....i think the arrival of Rooney has taken a bit of pressure off him.
Had a few quite games recently but that is to be expected with the energy he gives every match.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:31:33 »

If you're looking at the Chelt forum, ignore anything that Malabus posts. The biggest wind up merchant on any forum going.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:34:12 »

I think they are talking about someone else anyway. I've never heard of Matt Richie.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:37:29 »

He used to be on Eastenders,still is maybe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:38:39 »

As I do when I have no work and bored, had a quick look on the yellows site. Interesting quote on their thread about the awards (Leven was up for goal of the season). Probably a wind up but interesting nonetheless.

The bad news is that Pack has agreed to join Swindon in the summer. Deal is as good as done and will sign a three year deal.

Read more: http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=oufcplayers&action=display&thread=8265#ixzz1oty6qkyr

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:39:20 »

Good forum that!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 12:58:13 »

Disappointing attendance at the awards.

[url width=640 height=480]http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/e/ac/0,,10341~10595342,00.jpg[/url]

Cats are better than dogs FACT
swindont

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 13:56:23 »

Well done Matt!

A key part of our team, has provided goals all season and bagged some worldys, im sure in part he would like to dedicate his award to Ferry and Caddis, those 3 when there on form are sometimes unplayable at this level.

COYR
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 13:58:36 »

We've been named as Family Club of the Year in L2.

I think we got Eric's vote for that one at least.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 19:20:41 »

So do they still do a L2 team of the year then? i.e people vote for the (supposedly) best XI as opposed to the best team (i.e. Swindon)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 19:34:40 »

As I do when I have no work and bored, had a quick look on the yellows site. Interesting quote on their thread about the awards (Leven was up for goal of the season). Probably a wind up but interesting nonetheless.

The bad news is that Pack has agreed to join Swindon in the summer. Deal is as good as done and will sign a three year deal.

Read more: http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=oufcplayers&action=display&thread=8265#ixzz1oty6qkyr

And just where does he get his info on our future transfer targets ??

I think this is wild speculation because Marlon was sat on our table. 2+2 = 5 comes to mind.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 20:51:11 »

So do they still do a L2 team of the year then? i.e people vote for the (supposedly) best XI as opposed to the best team (i.e. Swindon)

Yes, but that's the PFA awards. I remember back in '85-86 that we won the division by 18 points...but had no-one included in the team.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #74 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 20:52:50 »

Yes, but that's the PFA awards. I remember back in '85-86 that we won the division by 18 points...but had no-one included in the team.
But thats like this season - there were plenty of teams better than us and plenty of players better than we had
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: