Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: adver best goal vote  (Read 11346 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 17:57:25 »

John Trollope on the overlap against Watford-our big rivals in those days-scoring from about 25 yards in the Stratton Bank end in 1970.I think it was his first ever goal.Ken Stroud against Everton in the FA Cup was a bit special nd also John Moncur at Anfield was a terrific team goal

Trolly was good for a couple most seasons...occasionally 3, he'd scored in a 2-1 win at Bramall Lane a few weeks earlier.

This is a crap vote...Tommy Henderson's 1st STFC goal at the Manor is nowhere to be seen.

My vote for best disallowed goal ever, goes to Paul Rideout's 30 yard strike v Hull on debut, disallowed as someone had strayed off as the ball whistled past them on the way to goal.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 18:08:32 »

Well corrected Reg.As disallowed goals go-Fjortofts at Man City was a cracker,and erroneously ruled out too

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 18:09:25 »

Marlon Broomes strike was quite immense, especially for a centre back.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 18:10:43 »

Royce Brownlie v Barnet!

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 18:12:05 »

the best disallowed one has to be Kevin Watsons one vs Tranmere, which I guess technically wasnt disallowed but it didnt stand in the end.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 18:18:40 »

the best disallowed one has to be Kevin Watsons one vs Tranmere, which I guess technically wasnt disallowed but it didnt stand in the end.

We need a new category for this, best goal that never was.  I'm seeing a goal by KW v Grimsby.

Phil King v Bradford City, must be in with a shout, I'm sure he'd tell you that anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 18:22:19 »

Well corrected Reg.As disallowed goals go-Fjortofts at Man City was a cracker,and erroneously ruled out too

Good call...I keep getting reminded of that goal, as you see so many similar, just our luck that season, to see a perfectly good goal disallowed.

For best own goal...I'm offering Mick Stockwell for Ipswich at the CG circa 89/90.
Panda Paws

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 18:26:54 »

A screamer from Hoddle at the SB end v Sunderland stands out for me.

My first ever game, I was 5...still remember it like yesterday!
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 18:49:36 »

Good call...I keep getting reminded of that goal, as you see so many similar, just our luck that season, to see a perfectly good goal disallowed.

For best own goal...I'm offering Mick Stockwell for Ipswich at the CG circa 89/90.

Definately agree with you on that own goal Reg, a lovely chip over Craig Forrest's desperate jump/dive from outside the area. If he'd tried he couldn't have judged it any better.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 18:59:34 »

Or whats his face goal against wrexham. The freekick.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 19:04:19 »

Or whats his face goal against wrexham. The freekick.

Paul Evans.
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 20:15:51 »

I think this goal was pretty good Smiley

Apart from that as already mentioned the Fallon overhead kick Invinicibile's goal against peterborough
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 20:40:25 »

Thought shearers was against plymouth arriba, irc it was very misty. That goal and fjortofts goal against brighton are my top two anyway
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 20:45:33 »

God there's been loads of great goals, eh?

Fjortoft away at Blackburn, at home to some team I seem to remember in Div 1, half-volley from corner of the box?  

Great team goal for me was Horlock against Southampton in the cup, brilliant 1 touch football.

Gonna throw some off the woodwork action here now with Leitch against Sheff Utd when Ndah scored that great scissor-kick.  That would have been some goal, the keeper was totally beaten.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 20:50:49 »

Steve Robinson has to come to mind, just because of who it was against!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: