Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brezovan  (Read 11288 times)
lebowski

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 13:43:32 »

but on the bright side, his kicking is immeasurably better now.
sonic youth

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 13:44:27 »

Quote from: "Red81"
Smith handles the ball better imo. Brez fumbles and likes to punch it. All I can remember of why Brez has his fans is those penalties saves the start of last season. (people shouting, "he's future premiership mate, right there... he is y'know"). He went out injured after 14 games...

Smith was one of our players of the season last year and hasn't done anything majorly wrong this season. When both are fit, I know who I'd pick. He deserves the no. 1 shirt.

before his injury, brez looked by far and away the best keeper we'd had for years - great aerial ability, good shot stopping, good distribution. despite a lack of english he managed to command his area fairly well too.

smith surpassed mine and no doubt everyone elses expectations when he was thrown in the deep end after brez's injury but with both of them on form, i don't know if there's much to choose between them.

brez looks nervous and twitchy - he's punching crosses when he ought to be catching them, seems hesitant in general. perhaps the injury is playing on his mind but there's no doubt he's probably a bit rusty as well. sadly, goal is not a position where you can afford to carry a passenger and the sooner smith is fit the better imo.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 17:01:14 »

Quote from: "my-velocity"
Quote from: "DV"
Well he's yet to prove that this season - every game he's played he's been at fault for a goal. Pre Broken Arm Brez was better than Smith, but this After Broken Arm Brez isnt even close.

I'd take Smith every single time.

How can you say he's been at fault for every goal he's let in, our defence has been poor for the last two games. He'll come good because he's a quality keeper.

I didnt say he was at fault for EVERY goal he's let in  :roll:
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 08:53:13 »

Sounds like Smith maybe out for a while....or current form Brez worries me as he is not playing well and you are just waiting for him to make a mistake as he has been doing
McLovin

« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 09:34:55 »

He doesn't command his area (and i STILL insist he didn't even when he joined), and he seems to have forgotten how to catch. It also doesnt help when you are injury time and he shanks it out for a throw. Poor.
Toni

« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 13:04:13 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
Sounds like Smith maybe out for a while....or current form Brez worries me as he is not playing well and you are just waiting for him to make a mistake as he has been doing

I'm sorry but with Smith i'm always waiting for his next mistake and if i'm honest Smith makes about 5 mistakes in one game!

You can't expect, from two games, that Brez is gonna be brill he just needs a bit more time since Sturrock hasn't given him much match experience. I for one am very happy Brez is back and feel more comfortable and safer with him in goal!
Spencer_White

« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 13:57:22 »

Hate to say it, but you do get players who just never come back from bad injuries.

Brezovan was so good Id say he produced the best performance by a Swindon keeper Ive ever seen at Hartlepool. Maybe he has lost that extra bit that made him special.

Whatever looks like he will have a run in the team to find his form again.
McLovin

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 14:06:24 »

Toni, do you actually watch any of the games? You form some of the weirdest theories this side of Fatbury...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 14:09:34 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
Toni, do you actually watch any of the games? You form some of the weirdest theories this side of Fatbury...

Agreed. It must be those panic attacks...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 14:11:53 »

I feel less confident currently with Brez in goal.  I hope for his sake he finds his form but I'd rather he did it in the reserves when Smith is fit as Smithy has been fab for us.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 14:12:07 »

She was sat 3 seats along from me on Saturday.

How she can concentrate on the game with her mum bellowing every 2 mins is beyond me

Wink

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 14:15:13 »

i cant believe how brez can be written off by some of you already.last season he was potentially our best keeper since digby.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 14:23:23 »

Yes,very weird.
Smith has been great for us,especially considering when he came into the team he was replacing a player in Brez who had been  faultless between the sticks.Since then we've looked pretty solid at the back until Brez took over at the Vale game.

Brez seems to be lacking confidence at the moment.I'd be prepared to give him some more time as it has to be said that we looked shocking at the back and he's been out for so long,not fair to write the bloke off after just a couple of games.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 14:23:33 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i cant believe how brez can be written off by some of you already.last season he was potentially our best keeper since digby.

He was good but I believe Smith was better, Brez will get better as he hasn't had many game recently. For number 1 you cannot look beyond Smith

I come from a land down-under
fatbury

« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 14:24:16 »

I prefer Brez ... he will come good again ... Smith has been very good tho it has be said ... but Brez will shine again once he get a few more games in and gets his confidence .. he is very rusty ..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: