Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nicholas signs 1 year contract  (Read 11270 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 18:48:19 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
they are nothing to do with you and you can't expect them to live to your expectations but they don't give a fuck what you think and rightly so.

they play for the football club we support, therefore they do have 'something' to do with us.

why can't we expect them to live the life of a professional athelete?

shouldn't they be concerned about our opinions? we're the ones who effectively pay their wages after all.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 18:52:19 »

Stakeholder Theory  Cool
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 18:53:20 »

Shut up you boring business type student! Wink
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 18:58:14 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
they are nothing to do with you and you can't expect them to live to your expectations but they don't give a fuck what you think and rightly so. these are real people who only live once. let them enjoy themselves. if i could id do the same.

And he's been given a chance most blokes would love to be given, yet he chooses to piss it down the toilet - if that is any way to pay back your employees in a proffessional sporting environment along with the fans then I'm on the wrong planet!

But that's his choice. its not his fault he's talented and can make a living out of professional football. if he chooses to have a good time as well then its his choice. look at niall quinn - knocked it back as hard as they come but he was a legend at every club he played for and was a top performer at the highest level for years. for some theres more to life than football.

the fact nicholas is shit is an altogether matter though
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 18:58:26 »

Ha, you must be equally boring to know it was business type crap Wink

On a serious note what's with the avatar KT?
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 18:59:03 »

The whole drinking lark is overstatedm how many of you actually know what he gets up too?

It's his lack of ability and effort that bothers me.
sonic youth

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:00:44 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
The whole drinking lark is overstatedm how many of you actually know what he gets up too?

either everyone who has ever posted about nicho's drinking has the same vendetta against him that asher has, or there's no smoke without fire.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:02:43 »

Someone post something that hasn't been said a million times before ffs  :x

Like Chuzzlewit
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:05:32 »

I never meant to start a re-run of this drinking/ socail lifes etc of players but something obviosly affected his performance towards the end of the season, if not most of it. maybe it was the management, but you could certainly see that his fitness has been affected- be that down to drink or not. I think he doesn't deserve a contract, and its a shame it was offered before wisey took the reigns.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:05:44 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

either everyone who has ever posted about nicho's drinking has the same vendetta against him that asher has, or there's no smoke without fire.

come on though, you know the chinese whispers effect

nicho may have gone out on a friday night with his mates but come back early or whatever but down the line it gets converted into nicho being blitzed the night before a game. alternatively he goes out on a tuesday but someone makes that into a friday to make a good story
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:06:26 »

I blame Martin Chuzzlewit. He obviously got obsessed with that book and it affected his performances.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:07:17 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Ha, you must be equally boring to know it was business type crap Wink

You fuckin' knows it!

On a serious note what's with the avatar KT?

It's Grace from Big Bro, I'm already bored of it though, think I'll change it soon.
Dazzza

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:07:46 »

Someone post something that hasn't been said a million times before ffs  :x

Like Chuzzlewit

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=72#72

Cheesy

sonic youth

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:09:57 »

come on though, you know the chinese whispers effect

nicho may have gone out on a friday night with his mates but come back early or whatever but down the line it gets converted into nicho being blitzed the night before a game. alternatively he goes out on a tuesday but someone makes that into a friday to make a good story

agreed, which is always why i've taken these sorts of rumour with a pinch of salt - unless i see it with my own eyes. that said, i have no reason to disbelieve some people who have said these things.

why did nicho get frozen out under king? why has he underperformed on so many occasions this season? these questions have to be asked and you can only answer them with the information presented, which is that he's entirely unprofessional with respects to his drinking.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:11:33 »

or that he likes Chuzzlewit
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: