Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "how you celebrated Nathan Byrne's" goal thread.  (Read 15610 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 16:54:02 »

the Mrs was upstairs in a strop because apparently kicking the sofa when gladwin missed the penalty "wasn't setting the children a good example" and telling her to sod off didn't help.

so I celebrated in a whispered "get the fuck in" while running up and down the hallway.

this thread makes me a little uncomfortable, we are celebrating half time. but under the circumstances it's understandable, right?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 17:00:17 »

Nothing more than a fist pump/get in combo from me.

Happier that we ended the 45 year losing streak.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 17:06:39 »

the Mrs was upstairs in a strop because apparently kicking the sofa when gladwin missed the penalty "wasn't setting the children a good example" and telling her to sod off didn't help.

so I celebrated in a whispered "get the fuck in" while running up and down the hallway.

this thread makes me a little uncomfortable, we are celebrating half time. but under the circumstances it's understandable, right?

Think as fans we're allowed to do that.....but the players, shouldn't get too carried away, as it's half-time, and that's a game where we could easily have shipped a few, because it's what we do. So can happen on Monday, unless we play well.
kerry red

« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 17:13:00 »

It's a win for the first time in 45 years at the ground of an historically big club.

It reaffirms to us, the fans, that the team many thought had terminally gone off the boil can and did produce the goods when it mattered.

Cooper got it right with his strategy, his team selection and the resting of players.

Get ready to roar the lads on to Wembley come Monday!
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 18:36:04 »

I went mental as the rest of you.

I was bouncing around jumping around balancing on the backs of the chairs. Properly shinned myself on the chair in front at the end, too.

It probably blows Flint's goal at Brentford out of the water.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 18:38:34 »

I went mental as the rest of you.

I was bouncing around jumping around balancing on the backs of the chairs. Properly shinned myself on the chair in front at the end, too.

It probably blows Flint's goal at Brentford out of the water.

Only thing that stopped it, was the stewards had it more under control so people weren't bundling on to the pitch so easy. That and it was a Thursday so the intoxication levels weren't the same.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 19:04:03 »

No David Bailey effort I know but immediate aftermath of the celebrations as per the photo

* Sheff U away.JPG (140.5 KB, 640x480 - viewed 316 times.)
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 19:55:19 »

I was in the BA lounge at Tampa airport watching it on sky go. Gave the old boy sat next to me a fright when I jumped up cheering. Lots of strange looks from everyone. Celebrated by getting pissed in there and on the flight home.  Pint
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 20:07:24 »

cursing that my Now TV thread had decided to freeze in injury time just as we were under pressure facing a corner, checking the TEF and going mental to see we had scored and then intensifying my anger at Now TV making me miss the goal - all whilst being deliriously happy
lambourn red

« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 20:09:16 »

Outside the back of the stand I had just left as the last train was 10:02 punched the air then realised I was surrounded by Norfern Monkeys who were not too pleased
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 20:48:04 »

Halfway through saying that 1-1 was a decent result
At the exact moment it crossed the line I was just finishing the sentence "for fuck sake you bellend!"
Ha ha, I did both these, albeit not as vehemently as Abrahammer Smiley
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 20:50:49 »

Ha ha, I did both these, albeit not as vehemently as Abrahammer Smiley

I think in the lead up I was doing a quiet running commentary.

"Great take Smithy. Come on Mass!.. Yes, come on Byrney, bring it... wha... YESSSSSSS YOU ehwauhuoqwiE8QhULIW"

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 20:52:32 »

Cheesy
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 20:57:14 »

I was trying to be quiet in the conservatory but still managed to wake the whole house up by jumping off the sofa and shouting "yeeeessss" - followed by some dad dancing.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 21:11:13 »

I was in the polling station, queueing and keeping up on BBC text updates.

Celebrated with a wry smile.

To be truthful, I celebrated the final whistle more; I was still worried that we'd let in a second!

"Absolute Calamity!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: